The Opportunity Cost of the Islamic Revolution and War for Iran
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefano Costalli & Luigi Moretti & Costantino Pischedda, 2017.
"The economic costs of civil war,"
Journal of Peace Research,
Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 54(1), pages 80-98, January.
- Stefano Costalli & Luigi Moretti & Costantino Pischedda, 2014. "The Economic Costs of Civil War: Synthetic Counterfactual Evidence and the Effects of Ethnic Fractionalization," HiCN Working Papers 184, Households in Conflict Network.
- FÄ±rat Bilgel & Burhan Can Karahasan, 2017.
"The Economic Costs of Separatist Terrorism in Turkey,"
Journal of Conflict Resolution,
Peace Science Society (International), vol. 61(2), pages 457-479, February.
- Firat Bilgel & Burhan Can Karahasan, 2013. "“The Economic Costs of Separatist Terrorism in Turkey”," AQR Working Papers 201314, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised Nov 2013.
- Firat Bilgel & Burhan Can Karahasan, 2013. "“The Economic Costs of Separatist Terrorism in Turkey”," IREA Working Papers 201322, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Nov 2013.
- repec:oup:wbecrv:v:33:y:2019:i:1:p:231-258. is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Abadie & Javier Gardeazabal, 2003. "The Economic Costs of Conflict: A Case Study of the Basque Country," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Samer Matta & Simon Appleton & Michael Bleaney, 2019.
"The Impact of the Arab Spring on the Tunisian Economy,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 33(1), pages 231-258.
- Samer Matta & Simon Appleton & Michael Bleaney, 2015. "The Impact of the Arab Spring on the Tunisian Economy," Discussion Papers 2015-09, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Matta,Samer Naji & Appleton,Simon Mark & Bleaney,Michael Francis, 2016. "The impact of the Arab Spring on the Tunisian economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7856, The World Bank.
- Horiuchi, Yusaku & Mayerson, Asher, 2015. "The Opportunity Cost of Conflict: Statistically Comparing Israel and Synthetic Israel," Political Science Research and Methods, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 609-618, September.
- Abadie, Alberto & Diamond, Alexis & Hainmueller, Jens, 2010. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of Californiaâ€™s Tobacco Control Program," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 493-505.
- Kaul, Ashok & Klößner, Stefan & Pfeifer, Gregor & Schieler, Manuel, 2015. "Synthetic Control Methods: Never Use All Pre-Intervention Outcomes Together With Covariates," MPRA Paper 83790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gharehgozli, Orkideh, 2017. "An estimation of the economic cost of recent sanctions on Iran using the synthetic control method," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 141-144.
More about this item
Keywordssynthetic control method; treatment effect; Iran; war; revolution;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- Q34 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Natural Resources and Domestic and International Conflicts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2019-12-09 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-HIS-2019-12-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-ORE-2019-12-09 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:magkse:201929. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.