Wage Inequality of Chinese Rural-Urban Migrants Between 2002 and 2007
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Knight, John & Song, Lina, 1999. "The Rural-Urban Divide: Economic Disparities and Interactions in China," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198293309, June.
- Meng, Xin & Shen, Kailing & Xue, Sen, 2013. "Economic reform, education expansion, and earnings inequality for urban males in China, 1988–2009," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 227-244.
- John Knight & Linda Yueh, 2009. "Segmentation or competition in China's urban labour market?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 79-94, January.
- John Knight & Lina Song, 2003. "Increasing urban wage inequality in China," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(4), pages 597-619, December.
- Dandan Zhang & Xin Meng & Dewen Wang, 2010. "The Dynamic Change in Wage Gap between Urban Residents and Rural Migrants in Chinese Cities," Working Papers PMMA 2010-03, PEP-PMMA.
- Thomas Lemieux, 2006. "Increasing Residual Wage Inequality: Composition Effects, Noisy Data, or Rising Demand for Skill?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 461-498, June.
- Zhaopeng Frank Qu & Zhong Zhao, 2014.
"Evolution of the Chinese rural-urban migrant labor market from 2002 to 2007,"
China Agricultural Economic Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 316-334, April.
- Qu, Zhaopeng (Frank) & Zhao, Zhong, 2011. "Evolution of the Chinese Rural-Urban Migrant Labor Market from 2002 to 2007," IZA Discussion Papers 5421, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Xiaobo Zhang & Kevin Honglin Zhang, 2002. "Regional Inequality," Chapters,in: The Globalization of the Chinese Economy, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Denise Hare, 1999. "'Push' versus 'pull' factors in migration outflows and returns: Determinants of migration status and spell duration among China's rural population," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 45-72.
- Xing, Chunbing & Li, Shi, 2012.
"Residual wage inequality in urban China, 1995–2007,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 205-222.
- Xing, Chunbing, 2010. "Residual Wage Inequality in Urban China, 1995-2007," IZA Discussion Papers 5003, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hare, Denise, 2002. "The Determinants of Job Location and Its Effect on Migrants' Wages: Evidence from Rural China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(3), pages 557-579, April.
More about this item
Keywordsrural to urban migrants; wage inequality; quantity decomposition; China;
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2013-09-28 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-09-28 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2013-09-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2013-09-28 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-09-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:pmmacr:2013-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdvlvca.html .