University Competition and Transnational Education: The Choice of Branch Campus
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Poyago-Theotoky Joanna & Tampieri Alessandro, 2016. "University Competition and Transnational Education: The Choice of Branch Campus," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, pages 739-766.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & Alessandro Tampieri, 2015. "University Competition and Transnational Education: The Choice of Branch Campus," Working Paper series 15-15, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
References listed on IDEAS
- De Fraja, Gianni & Iossa, Elisabetta, 2002. "Competition among Universities and the Emergence of the Elite Institution," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 275-293, July.
- Rey, Elena Del, 2001.
"Teaching versus Research: A Model of State University Competition,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, pages 356-373.
- DEL REY, Elena, 2000. "Teaching versus research: a model of state university competition," CORE Discussion Papers 2000030, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- DEL REY, Elena, 2001. "Teaching versus research: a model of state university competition," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1501, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- E. Carroni & B. Cesi & D. Paolini, 2015. "Peer Group, Distance and tuition fees: when widening university participation is still better," Working Paper CRENoS 201506, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Lynne Pepall & Dan Richard, 2014.
"Competition, Selectivity and Innovation in the Higher Educational Market,"
Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University
0782, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Lynne Pepall & Dan Richards, 2015. "Competition, Selectivity and Innovation in the Higher Educational Market," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0810, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Donald Lien, 2008. "Economic analysis of transnational education," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 149-166.
- Adugna Lemi, 2013. "Multilateral agreements and trade in education services: implications for Ethiopia," International Journal of Education Economics and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(3), pages 255-277.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 33-62.
- Donald Lien, 2006. "Borderless Education and Domestic Programs," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 297-308.
More about this item
KeywordsUniversity Competition; Branch Campus; Admission Standards; Transnational Education;
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:luc:wpaper:14-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisa Ferreira). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crcrplu.html .