Cyclically Adjusted Balance of Latvia's General Government Consolidated Budget
This study estimates cyclically adjusted balances of Latvia's general government consolidated budget using methodologies of the ESCB and OECD and assesses the consistency of the implemented fiscal policy with the EU fiscal policy framework. During the period of rapid economic growth the Latvian government pursued fiscal expansion instead of ensuring budgetary consolidation in cyclically adjusted terms. Fiscal policy of the Latvian government has been inconsistent with the requirements of the Stability and Growth Pact and has exerted an additional pressure on consumer prices and the current account.
|Date of creation:||22 Dec 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: K. Valdemara iela 2a, LV-1050 Riga|
Phone: +371 702 2300
Fax: +371 702 2420
Web page: https://www.bank.lv/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999.
"Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995. "Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BKFILTER: RATS procedure to implement band pass filter using Baxter-King method," Statistical Software Components RTS00026, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997. "Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Paul van den Noord, 2000. "The Size and Role of Automatic Fiscal Stabilizers in the 1990s and Beyond," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 230, OECD Publishing.
- Rasmus Kattai & Alvar Kangur & Tanel Liiv & Martti Randveer, 2003. "Automatic Fiscal Stabilisers in Estonia," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 4(1), pages 93-115, December.
- Rasmus Kattai & Alvar Kangur & Martti Randveer, 2003. "Automatic fiscal stabilisers in Estonia: the impact of economic fluctatios on general government budget balance," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2003-11, Bank of Estonia, revised 10 Oct 2003.
- Dainis Stikuts, 2003. "Measuring Output Gap in Latvia," Working Papers 2003/02, Latvijas Banka.
- Bouthevillain, C. & Van Den Dool, G. & Langenus, G. & Mohr, M. & Momigliano, S. & Tujula, M. & De Cos, P.H. & Cour-Thimann, Philippine, 2001. "Cyclically Adjusted Budget Balances: an Alternative Approach," Papers 77, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Bouthevillain, Carine & Cour-Thimann, Philippine & van de Dool, Gerrit & Hernández de Cos, Pablo & Langenus, Geert & Mohr, Matthias & Momigliano, Sandro & Tujula, Mika, 2001. "Cyclically adjusted budget balances: an alternative approach," Working Paper Series 0077, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ltv:wpaper:200505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Konstantins Benkovskis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.