Reforming the Euro's Institutional Framework
The SGP has been the focus of growing controversy within the eurozone. The ECB continues to argue that reforming the SGP by relaxing its rules would damage the credibility of the euro. The opposite, however, may be closer to reality. Relaxing the rules according to the measures already taken by the European Commission has been inconsequential regarding the euro's credibility. In our view, many more fiscal policy reforms are needed so that the eurozone can realize a true economic recovery and enhance the credibility of the euro.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philip Arestis & Andrew Brown & Malcolm Sawyer, 2001. "The Euro," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2294.
- Marco BUTI & Daniele FRANCO & Hedwig ONGENA, 1997.
"Budgeetary Policies during Recessions : Retrospective Application of the Stability and Growth Pact” to the Post-War Period,"
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
1997041, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- M. Buti & D. Franco & H. Ongena, 1997. "Budgetary Policies during Recessions - Retrospective Application of the "Stability and Growth Pact" to the Post-War Period," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 121, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2002.
"Can Monetary Policy Affect The Real Economy?,"
- Willem F. Duisenberg, 1999. "Economic and monetary union in Europe : the challenges ahead," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 185-194.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:levypn:03-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Celeste Edwards)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.