Accounting for centralisation in the European Union : Niskanen, Monnet or Thatcher?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pierre Salmon, 2003. "Accounting for centralisation in the European Union: Niskanen, Monnet or Thatcher?," Post-Print hal-00445604, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Michel Josselin & Alain Marciano, 2000. "Displacing your Principal. Two Historical Case Studies of Some Interest for the Constitutional Future of Europe," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 217-233, November.
- Mark A. Pollack, 2000. "The End of Creeping Competence? EU Policy-Making Since Maastricht," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 519-538, September.
- Moravcsik, Andrew, 1991. "Negotiating the Single European Act: national interests and conventional statecraft in the European Community," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(01), pages 19-56, December.
- Faure, Michael G, 2000. "Product Liability and Product Safety in Europe: Harmonization or Differentiation?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 467-508.
- Van den Bergh, Roger, 2000. "Towards an Institutional Legal Framework for Regulatory Competition in Europe," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 435-466.
- Vaubel, Roland, 1994.
"The Political Economy of Centralization and the European Community,"
Springer, vol. 81(1-2), pages 151-190, October.
- Vaubel Roland, 1992. "The Political Economy Of Centralization And The European Community," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Torsten Persson & Gerard Roland & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "The Theory of Fiscal Federalism: What Does it Mean for Europe?," Working Papers 101, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Oates, Wallace E., 2001. "Fiscal competition and European Union: contrasting perspectives," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2-3), pages 133-145, April.
- Howitt, Peter & Wintrobe, Ronald, 1995. "The political economy of inaction," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 329-353, March.
- Robert P. Inman & Daniel L. Rubinfeld, 1998. "Subsidiarity and the European Union," NBER Working Papers 6556, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- SALMON, Pierre, 1999. "Vertical competition in a unitary state," LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003) 1999-11, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- Breton, Albert & Salmon, Pierre, 2001.
"External effects of domestic regulations: comparing internal and international barriers to trade,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 135-155, June.
- Albert Breton & Pierre Salmon, 2001. "External effects of domestic regulations: comparing internal and international barriers to trade," Post-Print hal-00445626, HAL.
- Salmon, Pierre, 1987.
"Decentralisation as an Incentive Scheme,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 24-43, Summer.
- SALMON, Pierre, 1987. "Decentralization as an incentive scheme," Institut des Mathématiques Economiques – Document de travail de l’I.M.E. (1974-1993) 98, Institut des Mathématiques Economiques. LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Salmon, Pierre, 2001.
"Thinking about Something Else: A Rationality-Compatible Mechanism with Macroscopic Consequences,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2-3), pages 453-464.
- Pierre Salmon, 2001. "Thinking about something else: a rationality-compatible mechanism with macroscopic consequences," Post-Print hal-00445627, HAL.
- Alesina, Alberto & Wacziarg, Romain, 1999. "Is Europe going too far?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, pages 1-42.
- SALMON, Pierre, 1993.
"Nations Conspiring against Themselves : an Interpretation of European Integration,"
LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003)
1993-02, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- Pierre Salmon, 1995. "Nations conspiring against themselves: an interpretation of European integration," Post-Print hal-00445593, HAL.
- Timothy Besley & Paul Seabright, 1999. "The effects and policy implications of state aids to industry: an economic analysis," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 13-53, April.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- Kirchgassner, Gebhard & Pommerehne, Werner W., 1996. "Tax harmonization and tax competition in the European Union: Lessons from Switzerland," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 351-371, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SALMON, Pierre, 2003.
"Assigning powers in the European Union in the light of yardstick competition among governments,"
LEG - Document de travail - Economie
2003-03, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Pierre Salmon, 2003. "Assigning powers in the European Union in the light of yardstick competition among governments," Post-Print hal-00445603, HAL.
- Pierre Salmon, 2003.
"The Assignment of Powers in an Open-ended European Union,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
993, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pierre Salmon, 2004. "The assignment of powers in an open-ended European Union," Post-Print hal-00445601, HAL.
- Jean-Michel Josselin & Alain Marciano, 2007. "How the court made a federation of the EU," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 59-75, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Union; bureaucracy; regulation; federalism;
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lat:lateco:2002-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Odile Ferry). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/latecfr.html .