The demand for foreign languages in Italian manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Sauter, 2012.
"Talking trade: language barriers in intra-Canadian commerce,"
Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 301-323, February.
- Nicolas Sauter, 2009. "Talking Trade: Language Barriers in Intra-Canadian Commerce," FIW Working Paper series 023, FIW.
- Haar, Jerry & Ortiz-Buonafina, Marta, 1995. "The internationalization process and marketing activities : The case of Brazilian export firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 175-181, February.
- Pinuccia Calia & Maria Rosaria Ferrante, 2008. "A Multivariate Framework To Explore Firms’ Internationalization Patterns. The Role Of Individual Heterogeneity," Statistica, Department of Statistics, University of Bologna, vol. 68(1), pages 31-55.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 2009. "The Uppsala internationalization process model revisited: From liability of foreignness to liability of outsidership," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(9), pages 1411-1431, December.
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc J. Melitz & Stephen R. Yeaple, 2004. "Export Versus FDI with Heterogeneous Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 300-316, March.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-685, May.
- Gabriel R G Benito & Geir Gripsrud, 1992. "The Expansion of Foreign Direct Investments: Discrete Rational Location Choices or a Cultural Learning Process?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(3), pages 461-476, September.
- Davide Castellani, 2002. "Export behavior and productivity growth: Evidence from Italian manufacturing firms," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 138(4), pages 605-628, December.
- RubÃ©n Fernández-Ortiz & Guadalupe Fuentes Lombardo, 2009. "Influence of the capacities of top management on the internationalization of SMEs," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 131-154, March.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- B. B. Schlegelmilch & J. N. Crook, 1988. "Firm‐level determinants of export intensity," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 291-300, December.
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- Gilberto Antonelli & Roberto Antonietti & Giovanni Guidetti, 2010.
"Organizational Change, Skill Formation, Human Capital Measurement: Evidence From Italian Manufacturing Firms,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 206-247, April.
- G. Antonelli & R. Antonietti & G. Guidetti, 2009. "Organizational Change, Skill Formation, Human Capital Measurement: Evidence From Italian Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers 661, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Nathalie Chusseau & Michel Dumont & Joël Hellier, 2008. "Explaining Rising Inequality: Skill-Biased Technical Change And North-South Trade ," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 409-457, July.
- Alessandro Sterlacchini, 2001. "The determinants of export performance: A firm-level study of Italian manufacturing," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 137(3), pages 450-472, September.
- Melitz, Jacques, 2008. "Language and foreign trade," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 667-699, May.
- Francis Green & Alan Felstead & Duncan Gallie, 2003. "Computers and the changing skill-intensity of jobs," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(14), pages 1561-1576.
- Hutchinson, William K, 2002. "Does Ease of Communication Increase Trade? Commonality of Language and Bilateral Trade," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(5), pages 544-556, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:empiri:v:44:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10663-017-9374-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsforeign languages; innovation; internationalization; labor demand;
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2014-03-08 (Innovation)
- NEP-INT-2014-03-08 (International Trade)
- NEP-SBM-2014-03-08 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:laa:wpaper:57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.almalaurea.it .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.