The Effects of Foreign Direct Investment on Industrial Growth: Evidence from a Regulation Change in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sourafel Girma & Yundan Gong, 2008. "FDI, Linkages and the Efficiency of State-Owned Enterprises in China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 728-749.
- Lin, Ping & Liu, Zhuomin & Zhang, Yifan, 2009. "Do Chinese domestic firms benefit from FDI inflow?: Evidence of horizontal and vertical spillovers," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 677-691, December.
- Du, Luosha & Harrison, Ann & Jefferson, Gary, 2014.
"FDI Spillovers and Industrial Policy: The Role of Tariffs and Tax Holidays,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 366-383.
- Luosha Du & Ann Harrison & Gary Jefferson, 2011. "FDI Spillovers and Industrial Policy: The Role of Tariffs and Tax Holidays," NBER Working Papers 16767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brambilla, Irene, 2009.
"Multinationals, technology, and the introduction of varieties of goods,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 89-101, September.
- Irene Brambilla, 2006. "Multinationals, Technology, and the Introduction of Varieties of Goods," NBER Working Papers 12217, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- WHALLEY, John & XIN, Xian, 2010.
"China's FDI and non-FDI economies and the sustainability of future high Chinese growth,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 123-135, March.
- John Whalley & Xian Xin, 2006. "China's FDI and Non-FDI Economies and the Sustainability of Future High Chinese Growth," NBER Working Papers 12249, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ran, Jimmy & Voon, Jan P. & Li, Guangzhong, 2007. "How does FDI affect China? Evidence from industries and provinces," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 774-799, December.
- Filip Abraham & Jozef Konings & Veerle Slootmaekers, 2010. "FDI spillovers in the Chinese manufacturing sector," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(1), pages 143-182, January.
- Albert G. Z. Hu & Gary H. Jefferson & Qian Jinchang, 2005. "R&D and Technology Transfer: Firm-Level Evidence from Chinese Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 780-786, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mitsuo Inada & Yung-Hsing Guo, 2016. "Heterogeneous Impacts of a Change in Chinese FDI Regulations on Domestic Market Outcomes: Empirical Evidence from Taiwanese Plant Data," KIER Working Papers 934, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:bla:jecrev:v:68:y:2017:i:2:p:232-243 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Regulation Change; Industrial Growth; Technology Spillovers; Difference-in-Differences.;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-04-20 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2013-04-20 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FDG-2013-04-20 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-TRA-2013-04-20 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kyo:wpaper:856. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryo Okui). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iekyojp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.