The Effects of Foreign Acquisition on Domestic and Export Markets Dynamics in China
Using recent data from the Chinese manufacturing industry and the generalised propensity score, this paper establishes economically significant causal effects of foreign acquisition on domestic and export markets dynamics.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: School of Economics University of Nottingham University Park Nottingham NG7 2RD|
Phone: (44) 0115 951 5620
Fax: (0115) 951 4159
Web page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/gep/index.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fryges, Helmut & Wagner, Joachim, 2007.
"Exports and Productivity Growth: First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2782, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Helmut Fryges & Joachim Wagner, 2008. "Exports and Productivity Growth: First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(4), pages 695-722, December.
- Fryges, Helmut & Wagner, Joachim, 2007. "Exports and Productivity Growth: First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-032, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Helmut Fryges & Joachim Wagner, 2007. "Exports and Productivity Growth - First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-063, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Hemlut Fryges & Joachim Wagner, 2007. "Exports and Productivity Growth – First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach," Working Paper Series in Economics 49, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Girma, Sourafel & Gorg, Holger, 2007.
"Evaluating the foreign ownership wage premium using a difference-in-differences matching approach,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 97-112, May.
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg, 2006. "Evaluating the foreign ownership wage premium using a difference-indifferences matching approach," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp165, IIIS.
- Girma, Sourafel & Görg, Holger, 2006. "Evaluating the Foreign Ownership Wage Premium Using a Difference-in-Differences Matching Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 5788, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gong, Yundan & Görg, Holger & Maioli, Sara, 2006.
"Employment Effects of Privatisation and Foreign Acquisition of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2453, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yundan Gong & Holger Gorg & Sara Maioli, 2007. "Employment Effects of Privatisation and Foreign Acquisition of Chinese State-owned Enterprises," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 197-214.
- Jun Du & Sourafel Girma, 2007. "Finance and Firm Export in China," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 37-54, 02.
- Kosuke Imai & David A. van Dyk, 2004. "Causal Inference With General Treatment Regimes: Generalizing the Propensity Score," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 854-866, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notgep:08/04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.