Examining the Regional Aspect of Foreign Direct Investment to Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adugna Lemi & Sisay Asefa, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment and Uncertainty: Empirical Evidence from Africa," The African Finance Journal, Africagrowth Institute, vol. 5(1), pages 36-67.
- Elizabeth Asiedu, 2006.
"Foreign Direct Investment in Africa: The Role of Natural Resources, Market Size, Government Policy, Institutions and Political Instability,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 63-77, January.
- Elizabeth Asiedu, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment in Africa: The Role of Natural Resources, Market Size, Government Policy, Institutions and Political Instability," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2005-24, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tony Addison & Almas Heshmati, 2003. "The New Global Determinants of FDI Flows to Developing Countries: The Importance of ICT and Democratization," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2003-45, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Frenkel, Michael & Funke, Katja & Stadtmann, Georg, 2004. "A panel analysis of bilateral FDI flows to emerging economies," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 281-300, September.
- Bengoa, Marta & Sanchez-Robles, Blanca, 2003. "Foreign direct investment, economic freedom and growth: new evidence from Latin America," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 529-545, September.
- Klimis Vogiatzoglou, 2007. "Vertical Specialization and New Determinants of FDI: Evidence from South and East Asia," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 245-266.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1990. "Capital Flows, Foreign Direct Investment, and Debt-Equity Swaps in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 3497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V.N. Balasubramanyam, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment," Chapters, in: Amitava Krishna Dutt & Jaime Ros (ed.), International Handbook of Development Economics, Volumes 1 & 2, volume 0, chapter 39, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hubert Janicki & Phanindra Wunnava, 2004. "Determinants of foreign direct investment: empirical evidence from EU accession candidates," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 505-509.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164.
- Valerija Botrić & Lorena Škuflić, 2006. "Main Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in the Southeast European Countries," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 13(2), pages 359-377, July.
- Jo Jakobsen & Indra De Soysa, 2006. "Do Foreign Investors Punish Democracy? Theory and Empirics, 1984–2001," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 383-410, August.
- Ivar Kolstad & Espen Villanger, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment in the Caribbean," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 26(1), pages 79-89, January.
- Asiedu, Elizabeth & Lien, Donald, 2004. "Capital Controls and Foreign Direct Investment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 479-490, March.
- Shigeyuki Hamori & Ivohasina Razafimahefa, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of FDI Competitiveness in Sub-Saharan Africa and Developing Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(20), pages 1-8.
- Morisset, Jacques, 2000. "Foreign direct investment in Africa : policies also matter," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2481, The World Bank.
- Azmat Gani, 2007. "Governance and foreign direct investment links: evidence from panel data estimations," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(10), pages 753-756.
- W. A. Naude & W. F. Krugell, 2007. "Investigating geography and institutions as determinants of foreign direct investment in Africa using panel data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1223-1233.
- Bevan, Alan A. & Estrin, Saul, 2004. "The determinants of foreign direct investment into European transition economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 775-787, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rishma Vedd & Keji Chen & Nataliya Yassinski, 2014. "Country and Industry Factor Influence on Investment in Latin American Emerging Markets," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 8(3), pages 47-57.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- John C. Anyanwu, 2012. "Why Does Foreign Direct Investment Go Where It Goes?: New Evidence From African Countries," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(2), pages 425-462, November.
- Iamsiraroj, Sasi, 2016. "The foreign direct investment–economic growth nexus," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 116-133.
- John Anyanwu, 2011. "Working Paper 136 - Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment Inflows to Africa, 1980-2007," Working Paper Series 327, African Development Bank.
- Groh, Alexander P. & Wich, Matthias, 2009. "A composite measure to determine a host country's attractiveness for foreign direct investment," IESE Research Papers D/833, IESE Business School.
- Chali Nondo & Mulugeta S. Kahsai & Yohannes G. Hailu, 2016. "Does institutional quality matter in foreign direct investment?: Evidence from Sub-Saharan African countries," African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1), pages 12-30.
- Rosa Forte & Nancy Santos, 2015. "A cluster analysis of FDI in Latin America," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 52(1), pages 25-56, May.
- Cleeve, Emmanuel A. & Debrah, Yaw & Yiheyis, Zelealem, 2015. "Human Capital and FDI Inflow: An Assessment of the African Case," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 1-14.
- Mina, Wasseem Michel, 2012. "The Institutional Reforms Debate and FDI Flows to the MENA Region: The “Best” Ensemble," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1798-1809.
- Bailey, Nicholas, 2018. "Exploring the relationship between institutional factors and FDI attractiveness: A meta-analytic review," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 139-148.
- Masahiro Tokunaga & Ichiro Iwasaki, 2017.
"The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Transition Economies: A Meta-analysis,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(12), pages 2771-2831, December.
- Masahiro Tokunaga & Ichiro Iwasaki, 2016. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis," KIER Working Papers 952, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Wasseem Mina, 2011. "Institutional Reforms Debate and FDI Flows to MENA Region: Does One 'Best' Fit All?," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2011-050, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wencong Lu & Ikboljon Kasimov & Ibrokhim Karimov & Yakhyobek Abdullaev, 2020. "Foreign Direct Investment, Natural Resources, Economic Freedom, and Sea-Access: Evidence from the Commonwealth of Independent States," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(8), pages 1-18, April.
- Groh, Alexander Peter & Wich, Matthias, 2012. "Emerging economies' attraction of foreign direct investment," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 210-229.
- Blanco, Luisa R., 2012. "The Spatial Interdependence of FDI in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1337-1351.
- Husam Rjoub & Mehmet Aga & Ahmad Abu Alrub & Murad Bein, 2017. "Financial Reforms and Determinants of FDI: Evidence from Landlocked Countries in Sub-Saharan Africa," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Dorożyński Tomasz & Kuna-Marszałek Anetta, 2016. "Investments Attractiveness. The Case Of The Visegrad Group Countries," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 19(1), pages 119-140, March.
- Akhtaruzzaman, M. & Berg, Nathan & Hajzler, Christopher, 2017.
"Expropriation risk and FDI in developing countries: Does return of capital dominate return on capital?,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 84-107.
- M. Akhtaruzzaman & Nathan Berg & Christopher Hajzler, 2017. "Expropriation Risk and FDI in Developing Countries: Does Return of Capital Dominate Return on Capital?," Staff Working Papers 17-9, Bank of Canada.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2009.
"Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(4), pages 667-709, August.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2009_04, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe & AzÃ©mar, CÃ©line, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-23, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Economou, Fotini, 2019. "Economic freedom and asymmetric crisis effects on FDI inflows: The case of four South European economies," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 114-126.
- Dzianis Mukha, 2019. "National Economy Attractiveness For Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence From Belarus And European Region Countries," Economy & Business Journal, International Scientific Publications, Bulgaria, vol. 13(1), pages 43-60.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment; Africa; Asia; Latin America; general-to-specifc;
All these keywords.
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:0902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/okokudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.