Elektronischer Handel im Lichte der Bestreitbarkeit von Märkten
Information and communication technologies are transforming economies and societies around the world. In this respect, E-Commerce has the capability to build a new global economy. That is why government, industries, non-profit organisations, trade unions and consumers would like to come together to set up a regulatory framework. As set out in our paper competition effects have to be considered when doing so. We identify and discuss various regulatory and private entry barriers to electronic markets and answer the question wether or not there is any need for international policy cordination in E-Commerce.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Pohligstr. 1, 50969 Köln|
Phone: +49(0)221/ 470-5347
Fax: +49(0)221/ 470 -5350
Web page: http://www.iwp.uni-koeln.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner, 1985.
"Standardization, Compatibility, and Innovation,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 70-83, Spring.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Bleuel, Jens & Stewen, Marcus, 1998. "Grundlegende Probleme einer Besteuerung von Internet-Transaktionen," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 78(2), pages 104-110.
- Baumol, William J. & Willig, Robert D., 1986. "Contestability: Developments Since the Book," Working Papers 86-01, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Baumol, William J & Lee, Kyu Sik, 1991. "Contestable Markets, Trade, and Development," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 6(1), pages 1-17, January.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-37, May.
- Baumol, William J & Willig, Robert D, 1986. "Contestability: Developments since the Book," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(0), pages 9-36, Suppl. No.
- Cowan, Robin & Gunby, Philip, 1996. "Sprayed to Death: Path Dependence, Lock-In and Pest Control Strategies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 521-42, May.
- Jonathan Coppel, 2000. "E-Commerce: Impacts and Policy Challenges," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 252, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kln:iwpdip:dp01/01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Müller)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.