Voracity, growth and welfare
This paper explores some implications of the comparison between feedback Nash and Stackelberg equilibria for growth and welfare in a `voracity' model. We show that as compared to the Nash equilibrium, the Stackelberg equilibrium involves a lower growth rate while it leaves both the leaders and the followers better o , i.e., the Stackelberg equilibrium is Pareto superior to the Nash equilibrium.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:||Sep 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www-econ.kwansei.ac.jp/~econ/index_e.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tornell, Aaron, 1999. "Voracity and growth in discrete time," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 139-145, January.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martín & Elsa V. Artadi, 2003. "Economic growth and investment in the Arab world," Economics Working Papers 683, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003.
"The Economic Tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa,"
NBER Working Papers
9865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martín, 2003. "The economic tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa," Economics Working Papers 684, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Dockner, Engelbert J. & Nishimura, Kazuo, 2005. "Capital accumulation games with a non-concave production function," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 408-420, August.
- Akihisa Shibata, 2002. "Strategic Interactions in a Growth Model with Infrastructure Capital," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 434-460, November.
- Robert J. Barro, 2003.
"Determinants of Economic Growth in a Panel of Countries,"
CEMA Working Papers
505, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 2003. "Determinants of Economic Growth in a Panel of Countries," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 4(2), pages 231-274, November.
- Robert J. Barro & Rachel McCleary, 2003. "Religion and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 9682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mino, Kazuo, 2006. "Voracity vs. scale effect in a growing economy without secure property rights," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 278-284, November.
- Plumper, Thomas & Martin, Christian W, 2003. " Democracy, Government Spending, and Economic Growth: A Political-Economic Explanation of the Barro-Effect," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 117(1-2), pages 27-50, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kgu:wpaper:77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Toshihiro Okada)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.