Preferential Attachment and Pattern Formation in R&D Networks - Plausible explanation or just a widespread myth?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:ijimxx:v:19:y:2015:i:05:n:s1363919615500504 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guido Buenstorf, 2007.
"Evolution on the Shoulders of Giants: Entrepreneurship and Firm Survival in the German Laser Industry,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(3), pages 179-202, May.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2006. "Evolution on the Shoulders of Giants: Entrepreneurship and Firm Survival in the German Laser Industry," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2005-20, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Hagedoorn, John, 2002. "Inter-firm R&D partnerships: an overview of major trends and patterns since 1960," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 477-492, May.
- Guido Buenstorf & Michael Fritsch & Luis F. Medrano, 2015. "Regional Knowledge, Organizational Capabilities and the Emergence of the West German Laser Systems Industry, 1975-2005," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(1), pages 59-75, January.
- Grupp, Hariolf, 2000. "Learning in a Science-Driven Market: The Case of Lasers," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 143-172, March.
- Melissa A. Schilling & Corey C. Phelps, 2007. "Interfirm Collaboration Networks: The Impact of Large-Scale Network Structure on Firm Innovation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(7), pages 1113-1126, July.
- Rank, Charlotte & Rank, Olaf & Wald, Andreas, 2006. "Integrated Versus Core-Periphery Structures in Regional Biotechnology Networks," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 73-85, February.
- Michael Fritsch & Luis F. Medrano Echalar, 2015. "New technology in the region - agglomeration and absorptive capacity effects on laser technology research in West Germany, 1960-2005," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1-2), pages 65-94, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:cai:inndbu:inno_058_0243 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:techno:v:80-81:y:2019:i::p:40-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vincent Frigant & Stéphane Miollan & Maëlise Presse & David Virapin, 2019.
"Quelles frontières géographiques pour les systèmes d’innovation technologique ?. Une analyse par les co-brevets appliquée au véhicule à pile à combustible,"
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 243-273.
- Vincent Frigant & Stéphane Miollan & M. Presse, 2016. "Is the Fuel Cell Vehicle’s Technological Innovation System built at a global or national scale? An analysis of carmakers' co-patents’ portfolios," Post-Print hal-02150385, HAL.
- Vincent FRIGANT & Stéphane MIOLLAN & Maëlise PRESSE & David VIRAPIN, 2017. "Is the Fuel Cell Vehicle’s Technological Innovation System built at a global or national scale? An analysis of carmakers\' co-patents’ portfolios," Cahiers du GREThA 2017-20, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée(GREThA).
- Mitze, Timo & Strotebeck, Falk, 2017. "Modeling interregional research collaborations in German biotechnology using industry directory data: A quantitative social network analysis," MPRA Paper 83392, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Fritsch & Moritz Zoellner, 2017. "The Fluidity of Inventor Networks," Jena Economic Research Papers 2017-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
More about this item
KeywordsPreferential attachment; inventor networks; system stability; micro-level instability; laser industry;
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2016-005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.