Regional co-evolution of firm population, innovationand public research? Evidence from the West German laser industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Blankenberg, Ann-Kathrin & Buenstorf, Guido, 2016. "Regional co-evolution of firm population, innovation and public research? Evidence from the West German laser industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 857-868.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Audretsch, David B. & Lehmann, Erik E. & Warning, Susanne, 2005.
"University spillovers and new firm location,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1113-1122, September.
- David B. Audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann & Susanne Warning, 2004. "University Spillovers and New Firm Location," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-02, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Alex Coad & Tom Broekel, 2012.
"Firm growth and productivity growth: evidence from a panel VAR,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(10), pages 1251-1269, April.
- Alex Coad & Tom Broekel, 2007. "Firm growth and productivity growth evidence from a panel VAR," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne r07072, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Alex Coad & Tom Broekel, 2007. "Firm growth and productivity growth : evidence from a panel VAR," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00200086, HAL.
- Alex Coad & Tom Broekel, 2011. "Firm growth and productivity growth: evidence from a panel VAR," Post-Print hal-00670760, HAL.
- Alex Coad & Tom Broekel, 2007. "Firm Growth and Productivity Growth: Evidence from a Panel VAR," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-103, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & ter Weel, Bas, 2010.
"Systems of Innovation,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & Weel, Bas ter, 2009. "Systems of Innovation," MERIT Working Papers 062, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Bas ter Weel & L. Soete & B. Verspagen, 2010. "Systems of innovation," CPB Discussion Paper 138, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Michael Fritsch & Luis F. Medrano, 2010. "The Spatial Diffusion of a Knowledge Base-Laser Technology Research in West Germany, 1960-2005," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-048, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Buenstorf Guido & Geissler Matthias, 2014. "Like Doktorvater, like Son? Tracing Role Model Learning in the Evolution of German Laser Research," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 234(2-3), pages 158-184, April.
- Michael Fritsch & Ronney Aamoucke, 2013.
"Regional public research, higher education, and innovative start-ups: an empirical investigation,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 865-885, December.
- Michael Fritsch & Ronney Aamoucke, 2013. "Regional Public Research, Higher Education, and Innovative Start-ups - An Empirical Investigation," Jena Economic Research Papers 2013-026, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2007.
"Evolution on the Shoulders of Giants: Entrepreneurship and Firm Survival in the German Laser Industry,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(3), pages 179-202, May.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2006. "Evolution on the Shoulders of Giants: Entrepreneurship and Firm Survival in the German Laser Industry," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2005-20, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Sharon Belenzon & Mark Schankerman, 2009. "University Knowledge Transfer: Private Ownership, Incentives, and Local Development Objectives," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 111-144, February.
- Guido Buenstorf & Michael Fritsch & Luis F. Medrano, 2015. "Regional Knowledge, Organizational Capabilities and the Emergence of the West German Laser Systems Industry, 1975-2005," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(1), pages 59-75, January.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2003.
"Schumpeter and the revival of evolutionary economics: an appraisal of the literature,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 125-159, April.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2003. "Schumpeter and the revival of evolutionary economics: an appraisal of the literature," Working Papers Archives 2003001, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Fulvio Castellacci, 2007.
"Evolutionary And New Growth Theories. Are They Converging?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 585-627, July.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2006. "Evolutionary and new growth theories: are they converging?," MPRA Paper 27602, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scott Stern, 2004. "Do Scientists Pay to Be Scientists?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(6), pages 835-853, June.
- Hoover,Kevin D., 2001. "Causality in Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521002882.
- Leten, Bart & Landoni, Paolo & Van Looy, Bart, 2014. "Science or graduates: How do firms benefit from the proximity of universities?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 1398-1412.
- Pierre Azoulay & Waverly Ding & Toby Stuart, 2009. "The Impact Of Academic Patenting On The Rate, Quality And Direction Of (Public) Research Output," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(4), pages 637-676, December.
- Johann Peter Murmann, 2012. "The co-development of industrial sectors and academic disciplines," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 229-246, November.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Ajay Bhaskarabhatla & Steven Klepper, 2014. "Latent submarket dynamics and industry evolution: lessons from the US laser industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(6), pages 1381-1415.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2001. "Vector Autoregressions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 101-115, Fall.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1996. "Flows of Knowledge from Universities and Federal Labs: Modeling the Flowof Patent Citations Over Time and Across Institutional and Geographic Boundari," NBER Working Papers 5712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hicks, Diana, 1995. "Published Papers, Tacit Competencies and Corporate Management of the Public/Private Character of Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 401-424.
- Guido Buenstorf & Matthias Geissler, 2011.
"The origins of entrants and the geography of the German laser industry,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(2), pages 251-270, June.
- Guido Buenstorf & Matthias Geissler, 2008. "The Origins of Entrants and the Geography of the German Laser Industry," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2008-14, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni & Fabio Montobbio, 2006. "University patenting and scientific productivity. A quantitative study of Italian academic inventors," KITeS Working Papers 189, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Nov 2006.
- Stuart, Toby & Sorenson, Olav, 2003. "The geography of opportunity: spatial heterogeneity in founding rates and the performance of biotechnology firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 229-253, February.
- Gort, Michael & Klepper, Steven, 1982. "Time Paths in the Diffusion of Product Innovations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 630-653, September.
- Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Entry, Exit, Growth, and Innovation over the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 562-583, June.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2002. "Links and Impacts: The Influence of Public Research on Industrial R&D," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Michael Fritsch & Luis F. Medrano Echalar, 2015. "New technology in the region - agglomeration and absorptive capacity effects on laser technology research in West Germany, 1960-2005," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1-2), pages 65-94, March.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1959. "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 297-297.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:jahrfr:v:37:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10037-017-0117-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jahrfr:v:37:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10037-017-0119-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsco-evolution; innovation systems; vector autoregression; laser technology;
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2015-09-11 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2015-09-11 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HME-2015-09-11 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-INO-2015-09-11 (Innovation)
- NEP-URE-2015-09-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esi:evopap:2015-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christoph Mengs) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Christoph Mengs to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.