Schumpeter and the revival of evolutionary economics: an appraisal of the literature
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jan Fagerberg, 2003. "Schumpeter and the revival of evolutionary economics: an appraisal of the literature," Working Papers Archives 2003001, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Conlisk, 1989. "An Aggregate Model of Technical Change," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 787-821.
- Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio, 1997. "Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 475-491, December.
- Silverberg, Gerald & Verspagen, Bart, 1994. "Collective Learning, Innovation and Growth in a Boundedly Rational, Evolutionary World," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 207-226, September.
- G. N. von Tunzelmann, 1995. "Technology and Industrial Progress," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 437.
- Raymond Vernon, 1966. "International Investment and International Trade in the Product Cycle," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(2), pages 190-207.
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson (ed.), 1993. "The Economics of Institutions," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 557.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen & G. N. von Tunzelmann (ed.), 1994. "The Dynamics Of Technology, Trade And Growth," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 163.
- Silverberg, Gerald & Lehnert, Doris, 1993. "Long waves and 'evolutionary chaos' in a simple Schumpeterian model of embodied technical change," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 9-37, June.
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson, 1998. "The Approach of Institutional Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 166-192, March.
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson, 1999. "Evolution and Institutions," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1481.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1993. "Innovation and Growth in the Global Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262570971, December.
- M. V. Posner, 1961. "International Trade And Technical Change," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 323-341.
- Gerald Silverberg & Luc Soete (ed.), 1994. "The Economics Of Growth And Technical Change," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 408.
- Katharine Wakelin, 1997. "trade and innovation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1342.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R., 2010.
"Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 51-127,
- Giovanni Dosi & Richard R. Nelson, 2009. "Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes," LEM Papers Series 2009/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Fulvio Castellacci, 2007.
"Evolutionary And New Growth Theories. Are They Converging?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 585-627, July.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2006. "Evolutionary and new growth theories: are they converging?," MPRA Paper 27602, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Castellacci, Fulvio & Grodal, Stine & Mendonca, Sandro & Wibe, Mona, 2005. "Advances and challenges in innovation studies," MPRA Paper 27519, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G. Silverberg & B. Verspagen, 1995. "Evolutionary Theorizing on Economic Growth," Working Papers wp95078, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Seref Saygili & Cengiz Cihan & Cihan Yalcin & Turknur Hamsici, 2010. "Turkiye Imalat Sanayiin Ithalat Yapisi," Working Papers 1002, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Godin, Benoit, 2004. "The New Economy: what the concept owes to the OECD," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 679-690, July.
- Márquez-Ramos, Laura & Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada, 2010. "The effect of technological innovation on international trade," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal (2007-2020), Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel), vol. 4, pages 1-37.
- Aadne Cappelen & Fulvio Castellacci & Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2003.
"The Impact of EU Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union,"
Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 621-644, September.
- Cappelen, A. & Fagerberg, J. & Verspagen, B., 2001. "The Impact of Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union," Working Papers 01.14, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Cappelen, A. & Castellacci, F. & Fagerberg, J. & Verspagen, B., 2002. "The Impact of Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union," Working Papers 02.14, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Jan Fagerberg & Aadne Cappelen & Fulvio Castellacci & Bart Verspagen, 2002. "The Impact of regional support on growth and convergence in the European Union," Working Papers 12, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Ozcelik, Emre & Taymaz, Erol, 2004.
"Does innovativeness matter for international competitiveness in developing countries?: The case of Turkish manufacturing industries,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 409-424, April.
- Emre Özçelik & Erol Taymaz, 2001. "Does Innovativeness Matter for International Competitiveness in Developing Countries? The Case of Turkish Manufacturing Industries," ERC Working Papers 0107, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jul 2001.
- Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2008. "Foreign ownership, technological capabilities and clothing exports in Sri Lanka," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 29-39, February.
- Pérez, Carlota, 2001. "Technological change and opportunities for development as a moving target," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Lal, K., 2004.
"E-Business and Export Behavior: Evidence from Indian Firms,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 505-517, March.
- Kaushalesh Lal, 2002. "E-business and Export Behaviour: Evidence from Indian Firms," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-68, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jochem, Patrick & Schleich, Joachim, 2012. "Exploring the drivers behind automotive exports in OECD countries: An empirical analysis," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S3/2012, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Fulvio Castellacci, 2011.
"Theoretical Models of Heterogeneity, Growth and Competitiveness: Insights from the Mainstream and Evolutionary Economics Paradigms,"
Chapters, in: Miroslav N. Jovanović (ed.), International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume II, chapter 5,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2011. "Theoretical models of heterogeneity, growth and competitiveness: insights from the mainstream and evolutionary economics paradigms," MPRA Paper 27525, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan de Kok & O Som & P Neuhäusler, 2014. "The impact of the 2008 financial crisis on European enterprises: the role of innovation systems," Scales Research Reports H201411, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Fulvio Castellacci, 2006.
"A critical realist interpretation of evolutionary growth theorising,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(6), pages 861-880, November.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2005. "A critical realist interpretation of evolutionary growth theorising," MPRA Paper 27603, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefano Brusoni & Elena Cefis & Luigi Orsenigo, 2006. "Innovate or Die? A critical review of the literature on innovation and performance," KITeS Working Papers 179, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Sep 2006.
- Andre Jungmittag & Hariolf Grupp & Angela Hullmann, 1998. "Changing Patterns of Specialisation in Global High Technology Markets: an Empirical Investigation of Advanced Countries," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 67(2), pages 86-98.
- Richard Harris & John Moffat, 2011. "R&D, Innovation and Exporting," SERC Discussion Papers 0073, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mark Knell & Simone Vannuccini, 2022. "Tools and concepts for understanding disruptive technological change after Schumpeter," Jena Economic Research Papers 2022-005, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
More about this item
KeywordsKey words: Schumpeter – Evolution – Innovation; JEL Classification: B25; B52; 030;
All these keywords.
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Modern Monetary Theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:13:y:2003:i:2:p:125-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.