On Individual Cursedness - How personality shapes individuals' sensitivity to incur a winner's curse -
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vincent P. Crawford & Miguel A. Costa-Gomes & Nagore Iriberri, 2010. "Strategic Thinking," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000001148, David K. Levine.
- Drew Fudenberg, 2006.
"Advancing Beyond Advances in Behavioral Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 44(3), pages 694-711, September.
- Fudenberg, Drew, 2006. "Advancing Beyond "Advances in Behavioral Economics"," Scholarly Articles 3208222, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Miettinen, Topi, 2009. "The partially cursed and the analogy-based expectation equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 162-164, November.
- Asen Ivanov & Dan Levin & Muriel Niederle, 2010.
"Can Relaxation of Beliefs Rationalize the Winner's Curse?: An Experimental Study,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(4), pages 1435-1452, July.
- Asen Ivanov & Dan Levin & Muriel Niederle, "undated". "Can Relaxation of Beliefs Rationalize the Winner’s Curse?: An Experimental Study," Working Papers 0803, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Greiner, Ben, 2004. "An Online Recruitment System for Economic Experiments," MPRA Paper 13513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brit Grosskopf & Yoella Bereby-Meyer & Max Bazerman, 2007. "On the Robustness of the Winnerâ€™s Curse Phenomenon," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 63(4), pages 389-418, December.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zaby, Alexandra & Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred, 2014.
"Compulsory Disclosure of Private Information - Theoretical and Experimental Results for the Acquiring-a-Company Game,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100520, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred & Zaby, Alexandra, 2014. "Compulsory disclosure of private information theoretical and experimental results for the "acquiring-a-company" game," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 69, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler & Alexandra Zaby, 2014. "Compulsory Disclosure of Private Information Theoretical and Experimental Results for the "Acquiring-a-Company" Game," Jena Economic Research Papers 2014-003, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- repec:bla:germec:v:18:y:2017:i:4:p:444-467 is not listed on IDEAS
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler & Alexandra K. Zaby, 2017.
"Blindfolded vs. Informed Ultimatum Bargaining – A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 18(4), pages 444-467, November.
- Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred & Zaby, Alexandra, 2016. "Blindfolded vs. informed ultimatum bargaining: A theoretical and experimental analysis," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 90, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Hammond, Robert G. & Morrill, Thayer, 2016. "Personality traits and bidding behavior in competing auctions," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 39-55.
More about this item
Keywordsasymmetric information; winner's curse; personality traits;
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2011-07-13 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CTA-2011-07-13 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-EXP-2011-07-13 (Experimental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2011-027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .