On Individual Cursedness - How personality shapes individuals' sensitivity to incur a winner's curse -
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vincent P. Crawford & Miguel A. Costa-Gomes & Nagore Iriberri, 2010. "Strategic Thinking," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000001148, David K. Levine.
- Drew Fudenberg, 2006.
"Advancing Beyond Advances in Behavioral Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(3), pages 694-711, September.
- Fudenberg, Drew, 2006. "Advancing Beyond "Advances in Behavioral Economics"," Scholarly Articles 3208222, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Miettinen, Topi, 2009. "The partially cursed and the analogy-based expectation equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 162-164, November.
- Asen Ivanov & Dan Levin & Muriel Niederle, 2010.
"Can Relaxation of Beliefs Rationalize the Winner's Curse?: An Experimental Study,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(4), pages 1435-1452, July.
- Asen Ivanov & Dan Levin & Muriel Niederle, "undated". "Can Relaxation of Beliefs Rationalize the Winner’s Curse?: An Experimental Study," Working Papers 0803, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Greiner, Ben, 2004. "An Online Recruitment System for Economic Experiments," MPRA Paper 13513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brit Grosskopf & Yoella Bereby-Meyer & Max Bazerman, 2007. "On the Robustness of the Winnerâ€™s Curse Phenomenon," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 63(4), pages 389-418, December.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler & Alexandra K. Zaby, 2017.
"Blindfolded vs. Informed Ultimatum Bargaining – A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis,"
German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 18(4), pages 444-467, November.
- Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred & Zaby, Alexandra, 2016. "Blindfolded vs. informed ultimatum bargaining: A theoretical and experimental analysis," University of Tübingen Working Papers in Business and Economics 90, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, School of Business and Economics.
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler & Alexandra K. Zaby, 2019.
"Compulsory Disclosure of Private Information: Theoretical and Experimental Results for the Acquiring-a-Company Game,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 175(3), pages 502-523.
- Zaby, Alexandra & Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred, 2014. "Compulsory Disclosure of Private Information - Theoretical and Experimental Results for the Acquiring-a-Company Game," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100520, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler & Alexandra Zaby, 2014. "Compulsory Disclosure of Private Information Theoretical and Experimental Results for the "Acquiring-a-Company" Game," Jena Economic Research Papers 2014-003, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred & Zaby, Alexandra, 2014. "Compulsory disclosure of private information theoretical and experimental results for the "acquiring-a-company" game," University of Tübingen Working Papers in Business and Economics 69, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, School of Business and Economics.
- Hammond, Robert G. & Morrill, Thayer, 2016. "Personality traits and bidding behavior in competing auctions," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 39-55.
More about this item
Keywordsasymmetric information; winner's curse; personality traits;
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBE-2011-07-13 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CTA-2011-07-13 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-EXP-2011-07-13 (Experimental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2011-027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.wiwiss.uni-jena.de/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.