Creative Class and Regional Growth - Empirical Evidence from Eight European Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Florida, 2002. "Bohemia and economic geography," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 55-71, January.
- Michael Fritsch, 2004.
"Entrepreneurship, entry and performance of new business compared in two growth regimes: East and West Germany,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 525-542, December.
- Michael Fritsch, 2004. "Entrepreneurship, Entry and Performance of New Businesses Compared in two Growth Regimes: East and West Germany," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-41, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Fritsch, Michael, 2004. "Entrepreneurship, entry and performance of new business compared in two growth regimes: East and West Germany," Freiberg Working Papers 2004,09, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Michael Fritsch, 2007. "The Geography and the Effect of Creative People in Germany," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-001, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Jamie Peck, 2005. "Struggling with the Creative Class," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 740-770, December.
- G.A. Marlet & C. van Woerkens, 2004. "Skills and Creativity in a Cross-section of Dutch Cities," Working Papers 04-29, Utrecht School of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rik Wenting & Oedzge Atzema & Koen Frenken, 2008. "Urban Amenities or Agglomeration Economies? Locational Behaviour and Entrepreneurial Success of Dutch Fashion Designers," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0803, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2008.
- Annie Tubadji & Peter Nijkamp, 2015. "Cultural Gravity Effects among Migrants: A Comparative Analysis of the EU15," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 91(3), pages 343-380, July.
- Niclas Berggren & Therese Nilsson, 2013.
"Does Economic Freedom Foster Tolerance?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(2), pages 177-207, May.
- Berggren , Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2012. "Does Economic Freedom Foster Tolerance?," Working Papers 2012:10, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2012. "Does Economic Freedom Foster Tolerance?," Working Paper Series 918, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Aurora A.C. Teixeira & Rosa Portela Forte, 2009. "Unbounding entrepreneurial intents of university students: a multidisciplinary perspective," FEP Working Papers 322, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Fritsch, Michael & Stützer, Michael, 2008. "The Geography of Creative People in Germany," MPRA Paper 21965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sara Santos Cruz & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2012. "Methodological approaches for measuring the creative employment: a critical appraisal with an application to Portugal," FEP Working Papers 455, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Annie Tubadji & Brian Osoba & Peter Nijkamp, 2015. "Culture-based development in the USA: culture as a factor for economic welfare and social well-being at a county level," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 39(3), pages 277-303, August.
- Niclas Berggren & Mikael Elinder, 2012.
"Is tolerance good or bad for growth?,"
Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 283-308, January.
- Berggren, Niclas & Elinder, Mikael, 2010. "Is Tolerance Good or Bad for Growth?," Ratio Working Papers 155, The Ratio Institute.
- Berggren, Niclas & Elinder, Mikael, 2010. "Is Tolerance Good or Bad for Growth?," Working Paper Series 846, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Berggren, Niclas & Elinder, Mikael, 2010. "Is tolerance good or bad for growth?," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2010:8, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Berggren, Niclas & Elinder, Mikael, 2010. "Is tolerance good or bad for growth?," Working Paper Series 2010:13, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Martin Andersson & Karin Hellerstedt, 2009.
"Location Attributes and Start-ups in Knowledge-Intensive Business Services,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 103-121.
- Andersson, Martin & Hellerstedt, Karin, 2008. "Location Attributes and Start-Ups in Knowledge Intensive Business Services," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 116, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Jan Wedemeier, 2011.
"Creative professionals and high-skilled agents': Polarization of employment growth?,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa11p489, European Regional Science Association.
- Wedemeier, Jan, 2012. "Creative professionals and high-skilled agents: Polarization of employment growth?," HWWI Research Papers 119, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Amnon Frenkel & Sigal Kaplan, 2015. "The joint choice of tenure, dwelling type, size and location: the effect of home-oriented versus culture-oriented lifestyle," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 233-251, November.
- Maria Kola-Bezka, 2011. "Creativity As A Factor For Socio-Economic Development Of Polish Regions," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 6(1), pages 71-84, March.
- Niels Bosma & R. Sternberg & Zoltan Acs, 2008. "The Entrepreneurial Advantage of World Cities," Scales Research Reports H200810, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Björn Frank, 2008.
"Location decisions in a changing labour market environment,"
Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft,
Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 28(1), pages 31-42, February.
- Björn Frank, 2003. "Location Decisions in a Changing Labour Market Environment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 380, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Carlos Iglesias Fernández & Raquel Llorente Heras & Diego Dueñas Fernández, 2011. "La movilidad international de los doctores españoles: ¿cuáles son sus determinantes?," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 6,in: Antonio Caparrós Ruiz (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 6, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 37, pages 593-611 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Thomas Krauskopf & Björn Bünger & Martin Langen, "undated". "Cultural Infrastructure and Regional Economic Well-Being in Germany - Are we creative yet?," Working Papers 200101, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Möller Joachim & Tubadji Annie, 2009.
"The Creative Class, Bohemians and Local Labor Market Performance: A Micro-data Panel Study for Germany 1975–2004,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 229(2-3), pages 270-291, April.
- Joachim Möller & Annie Tubaji, 2008. "The Creative Class, Bohemians and Local Labor Market Performance - A Micro-data Panel Study for Germany 1975-2004," Working Papers 270, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Möller, Joachim & Tubadji, Annie, 2009. "The Creative Class, Bohemians and Local Labor Market Performance: A Micro-data Panel Study for Germany 1975-2004," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-135, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Krauskopf, Thomas & Bünger, Björn & Langen, Martin, 2010. "Cultural infrastructure and regional economic well-being in Germany: Are we creative yet?," CAWM Discussion Papers 30, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Annie Tubadji & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "Cultural Distance and Gravity Effects among Migrants," ERSA conference papers ersa13p484, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsCreativity; innovation; entrepreneurship; regional development;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2007-09-24 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-EDU-2007-09-24 (Education)
- NEP-EEC-2007-09-24 (European Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2007-09-24 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2007-09-24 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HRM-2007-09-24 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-INO-2007-09-24 (Innovation)
- NEP-URE-2007-09-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2007-066. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .