The Geography of the European Creative Class A Rank-Size Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Florida, 2002. "Bohemia and economic geography," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 55-71, January.
- Alberto F. Ades & Edward L. Glaeser, 1995. "Trade and Circuses: Explaining Urban Giants," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(1), pages 195-227.
- Moomaw, Ronald L. & Shatter, Ali M., 1996. "Urbanization and Economic Development: A Bias toward Large Cities?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 13-37, July.
- Hsin-Ping Chen, 2004. "Path-dependent processes and the emergence of the rank size rule," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(3), pages 433-449, September.
- Rosen, Kenneth T. & Resnick, Mitchel, 1980. "The size distribution of cities: An examination of the Pareto law and primacy," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 165-186, September.
- Vapnarsky, Cesar A, 1969. "On Rank-Size Distributions of Cities: An Ecological Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 584-595, July.
- I Thomas, 1985.
"City-size distribution and the size of urban systems,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 17(7), pages 905-913, July.
- I Thomas, 1985. "City-Size Distribution and the Size of Urban Systems," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 17(7), pages 905-913, July.
- Jamie Peck, 2005. "Struggling with the Creative Class," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 740-770, December.
- Robert Axtell and Richard Florida, 2001. "Emergent Cities: A Microeconomic Explanation for Zipf's Law," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 154, Society for Computational Economics.
- Reed, William J., 2001. "The Pareto, Zipf and other power laws," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 15-19, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wedemeier, Jan, 2009. "Creative cities and the concept of diversity," HWWI Research Papers 1-20, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Roberto Antonietti, 2015. "Does Local Creative Employment Affect Firm Innovativeness? Microeconometric Evidence from Italy," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(3), pages 5-29.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:132:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1347-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2007-10-20 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-EEC-2007-10-20 (European Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2007-10-20 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2007-10-20 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aal:abbswp:07-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen). General contact details of provider: https://www.druid.dk/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.