The Entrepreneurship-Philanthropy Nexus: Nonmarket Source of American Entrepreneurial Capitalism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Zoltan J. Acs & David Audretsch & Ronnie J. Phillips & Sameeksha Desai, 2007. "The Entrepreneurship-Philanthropy Nexus: Nonmarket Source of American Entrepreneurial Capitalism," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2007-09, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Thomas Ireland, 1969. "The calculus of philanthropy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 23-31, September.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1993. "Altruism and Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 156-161, May.
- Frank G. Dickinson, 1970. "The Changing Position of Philanthropy in the American Economy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number dick70-1.
- Kenneth E. Boulding, 1962. "Notes on a Theory of Philanthropy," NBER Chapters,in: Philanthropy and Public Policy, pages 57-72 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coase, R H, 1976. "Adam Smith's Views of Man," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 529-546, October.
- Nicolai J. Foss & Peter G. Klein (ed.), 2002. "Entrepreneurship and the Firm," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2377.
- Sugden, Robert, 1982. "On the Economics of Philanthropy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(366), pages 341-350, June.
- Wennekers, Sander & Thurik, Roy, 1999. "Linking Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-55, August.
- Ulf Jakobsson & Magnus Henrekson, 2001.
"Where Schumpeter was nearly right - the Swedish model and Capitalism, Socialism and Democracy,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 331-358.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Jakobsson, Ulf, 2000. "Where Schumpeter was nearly Right - the Swedish Model and Capitalism, Socialism and Democracy," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 370, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Jakobsson, Ulf, 2000. "Where Schumpeter was Nearly Right - The Swedish Model and Capitalism, Socialism and Democracy," Working Paper Series 533, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Randall K. Morck & David A. Strangeland & Bernard Yeung, 1998. "Inherited Wealth, Corporate Control and Economic Growth," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 209, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Albert Danielsen, 1975. "A theory of exchange, philanthropy and appropriation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 13-26, December.
- Catherine Armington & Zoltan Acs, 2002. "The Determinants of Regional Variation in New Firm Formation," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 33-45.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean Bonnet & Thomas Brau, 2012. "L’entreprise innovante, un symbole pour son créateur," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201234, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Jean Bonnet & Thomas Brau & Antonia Guijarro Madrid, 2011.
"Innovative entrepreneurship as a way to meet professional dissatisfactions,"
Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen)
201121, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Jean Bonnet & Thomas Brau & Antonia Madrid, 2012. "Innovative entrepreneurship as a way to meet professionnal dissatisfaction," Post-Print halshs-00743109, HAL.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Sameeksha Desai, 2007. "Democratic Capitalism and Philanthropy in a Global Economy," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-056, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- George Holmes, 2012. "Biodiversity for Billionaires: Capitalism, Conservation and the Role of Philanthropy in Saving/Selling Nature," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(1), pages 185-203, January.
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurship; philanthropy; capitalism; knowledge;
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2007-07-13 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2007-07-13 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HIS-2007-07-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-KNM-2007-07-13 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SOC-2007-07-13 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2007-025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .