Work in the Shadow: Some Facts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011.
"Informal Workers across Europe: Evidence from 30 Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5871, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011. "Informal workers across Europe : evidence from 30 European countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5912, The World Bank.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2005.
"Shadow economies around the world: what do we really know?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 598-642, September.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2004. "Shadow Economies around the World: What do we really know?," IAW Discussion Papers 16, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Colin Williams & Jan Windebank, 2001.
"Reconceptualising Paid Informal Exchange: Some Lessons from English Cities,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 33(1), pages 121-140, January.
- Colin Williams & Jan Windebank, 2001. "Reconceptualising paid informal exchange: some lessons from English cities," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(1), pages 121-140, January.
- Giles, David E A, 1999.
"Measuring the Hidden Economy: Implications for Econometric Modelling,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(456), pages 370-380, June.
- David E. A. Giles, 1998. "Measuring The Hidden Economy: Implications for Econometric Modelling," Econometrics Working Papers 9809, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Tanzi, Vito, 1999. "Uses and Abuses of Estimates of the Underground Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(456), pages 338-347, June.
- Colin C. Williams, 2009. "Spatial variations in the hidden enterprise culture: Some lessons from England," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 403-423, April.
- Dominik H. Enste & Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Shadow Economies: Size, Causes, and Consequences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 77-114, March.
- Colin Williams, 2011. "A Critical Evaluation of Competing Conceptualizations of Informal Employment: Some Lessons from England," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 69(2), pages 211-237.
- David KUCERA & Leanne RONCOLATO, 2008. "Informal employment: Two contested policy issues," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 147(4), pages 321-348, December.
- Christopher Bajada & Friedrich Schneider, 2009. "Unemployment and the Shadow Economy in the oecd," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 60(5), pages 1033-1067.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Friedrich SCHNEIDER, 2016.
"Estimating the Size of the Shadow Economy: Methods, Problems and Open Questions,"
Turkish Economic Review,
KSP Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 256-280, June.
- Andreas Buehn & Friedrich Schneider, 2013. "Estimating the Size of the Shadow Economy: Methods, Problems and Open Questions," Economics working papers 2013-20, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Friedrich Schneider & Andreas Bühn, 2013. "Estimating the Size of the Shadow Economy: Methods, Problems and Open Questions," CESifo Working Paper Series 4448, CESifo Group Munich.
- Schneider, Friedrich & Buehn, Andreas, 2016. "Estimating the Size of the Shadow Economy: Methods, Problems and Open Questions," IZA Discussion Papers 9820, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsShadow economy work; undeclared work; shadow labor force; tax pressure; state regulation; labor market;
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2013-11-22 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2013-11-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2013-11-22 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-11-22 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:econwp:2013_18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vlinzat.html .