Emotional State and Market Behavior
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Trautmann, Stefan T. & Vlahu, Razvan, 2013.
"Strategic loan defaults and coordination: An experimental analysis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 747-760.
- Stefan Trautmann & Razvan Vlahu, 2011. "Strategic Loan Defaults and Coordination: An Experimental Analysis," DNB Working Papers 312, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- David Hirshleifer & Tyler Shumway, 2003. "Good Day Sunshine: Stock Returns and the Weather," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1009-1032, June.
- Mónica C. Capra, 2004. "Mood-Driven Behavior in Strategic Interactions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 367-372, May.
- Volodymyr Lugovskyy & Daniela Puzzello & Steven Tucker, 2011. "An Experimental Study of Bubble Formation in Asset Markets Using the Tâtonnement Trading Institution," Working Papers in Economics 11/07, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Ernan Haruvy & Charles N. Noussair, 2006. "The Effect of Short Selling on Bubbles and Crashes in Experimental Spot Asset Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(3), pages 1119-1157, June.
- Ernan Haruvy & Yaron Lahav & Charles N. Noussair, 2007. "Traders' Expectations in Asset Markets: Experimental Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1901-1920, December.
- Smith, Vernon L & Suchanek, Gerry L & Williams, Arlington W, 1988. "Bubbles, Crashes, and Endogenous Expectations in Experimental Spot Asset Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(5), pages 1119-1151, September.
- Shaun Hargreaves Heap & Daniel John Zizzo, 2011.
"Emotions and chat in a financial markets experiment,"
Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS)
11-11, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Shaun P. Hargreaves Heap & Daniel John Zizzo, 2011. "Emotions and Chat in a Financial Markets Experiment," Working Paper Series 10, The Paul Woolley Centre for Capital Market Dysfunctionality, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Alex Edmans & Diego García & Øyvind Norli, 2007. "Sports Sentiment and Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(4), pages 1967-1998, August.
- Charles N. Noussair & Owen Powell, 2010. "Peaks and valleys: Price discovery in experimental asset markets with non-monotonic fundamentals," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 152-180, May.
- Michael Kirchler & Jurgen Huber & Thomas Stockl, 2012.
"Thar She Bursts: Reducing Confusion Reduces Bubbles,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 865-883, April.
- Michael Kirchler & Juergen Huber & Thomas Stoeckl, 2011. "Thar she bursts - Reducing confusion reduces bubbles," Working Papers 2011-08, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Giusti, Giovanni & Jiang, Janet Hua & Xu, Yiping, 2012. "Eliminating Laboratory Asset Bubbles by Paying Interest on Cash," MPRA Paper 37321, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baillon, Aurélien & Koellinger, Philipp D. & Treffers, Theresa, 2016. "Sadder but wiser: The effects of emotional states on ambiguity attitudes," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 67-82.
- Breaban, Adriana & van de Kuilen, Gijs & Noussair, Charles, 2016. "Prudence, Personality, Cognitive Ability and Emotional State," Discussion Paper 2016-030, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Idris Adjerid & Sonam Samat & Alessandro Acquisti, 2016. "A Query-Theory Perspective of Privacy Decision Making," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(S2), pages 97-121.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Lucks, Konstantin E. & Schindler, David, 2016.
"Unleashing Animal Spirits - Self-Control and Overpricing in Experimental Asset Markets,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
27572, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Schindler, David & Kocher, M.G. & Lucks, Konstantin E., 2018. "Unleashing Animal Spirits - Self-Control and Overpricing in Experimental Asset Markets," Discussion Paper 2018-010, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kocher, Martin & Lucks, Konstantin & Schindler, David, 2018. "Unleashing Animal Spirits - Self-Control and Overpricing in Experimental Asset Markets," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 81, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Martin G. Kocher & Konstantin E. Lucks & David Schindler, 2016. "Unleashing Animal Spirits - Self-Control and Overpricing in Experimental Asset Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 5812, CESifo Group Munich.
- Razen, Michael & Huber, Jürgen & Kirchler, Michael, 2017. "Cash inflow and trading horizon in asset markets," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 359-384.
- Lenka Fiala & Charles N. Noussair, 2017.
"Charitable Giving, Emotions, And The Default Effect,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(4), pages 1792-1812, October.
- Noussair, Charles & Habetinova, Lenka, 2015. "Charitable Giving, Emotions, and the Default Effect," Discussion Paper 2015-043, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:eme:rexezz:s0193-230620140000017002 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gagnon, Nickolas & Noussair, C., 2016. "Does Reciprocity Persist Over Time?," Research Memorandum 033, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Farjam, Mike & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2018.
"Bubbles in hybrid markets: How expectations about algorithmic trading affect human trading,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 248-269.
- Mike Farjam & Oliver Kirchkamp, 2015. "Bubbles in Hybrid Markets - How Expectations about Algorithmic Trading Affect Human Trading," CESifo Working Paper Series 5631, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mike Farjam & Oliver Kirchkamp, 2015. "Bubbles in hybrid markets - How expectations about algorithmic trading affect human trading," Jena Economic Research Papers 2015-003, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Butler, David & Cheung, Stephen L., 2018. "Mind, Body, Bubble! Psychological and Biophysical Dimensions of Behavior in Experimental Asset Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 11563, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tiziana Assenza & Te Bao & Cars Hommes & Domenico Massaro, 2014.
"Experiments on Expectations in Macroeconomics and Finance,"
Research in Experimental Economics,in: Experiments in Macroeconomics, volume 17, pages 11-70
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Assenza, T. & Bao, T. & Massaro, D. & Hommes, C.H., 2014. "Experiments on Expectations in Macroeconomics and Finance," CeNDEF Working Papers 14-05, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Michael Razen & Jï¿½rgen Huber & Michael Kirchler, 2016. "Cash Inflow and Trading Horizon in Asset Markets," Working Papers 2016-06, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Loukas Balafoutas & Simon Czermak & Marc Eulerich & Helena Fornwagner, 2017. "Incentives for dishonesty: An experimental study with internal auditors," Working Papers 2017-06, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Doyle, Leonard & Schindler, David, 2015. "muCap: Connecting FaceReader™ to z-Tree," Discussion Papers in Economics 24809, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Jürgen Huber & Michael Kirchler & Thomas Stöckl, 2016. "The influence of investment experience on market prices: laboratory evidence," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 19(2), pages 394-411, June.
- Noussair, Charles N. & Offerman, Theo & Suetens, Sigrid & Van de Ven, Jeroen & Van Leeuwen, Boris & Van Veelen, Matthijs, 2014. "Predictably angry: Facial cues provide a credible signal of destructive behavior," IAST Working Papers 14-15, Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse (IAST).
More about this item
KeywordsBubble; Emotions; Facereading; Face; Crash;
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- G02 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Behavioral Finance: Underlying Principles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jau:wpaper:2013/08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (María Aurora Garcia Gallego). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ueujies.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.