Using Online Platforms for Competence Tests: A Component of the Demographic Policy of Germany
Lifelong learning represents a key response to the demographic challenge in Germany. In terms of professional success, not only hard skills but also soft skills hold importance. Indeed, the OECD competence tests PISA and PIAAC have come to the fore, although acquired skills are still relevant. Given the increasing skills shortages and the reduced half-life of qualifications, training continues to gain importance, including in the context of employer branding and companies’ corporate social responsibility activities. However, there is no linking of skills acquired through training with the automatic acquisition of qualifications. In this respect, online portals involving competency tests for young and old in connection with major credit points could play an important role.
|Date of creation:||May 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
|Order Information:|| Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James J. & Kautz, Tim, 2012.
"Hard evidence on soft skills,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 451-464.
- Weiss, Matthias & Börsch-Supan, Axel, 2011.
"Productivity and age: Evidence from work teams at the assembly line,"
Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis
48719, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Börsch-Supan, A. & Weiss, M., 2013. "Productivity and age: Evidence from work teams at the assembly line," Research Memorandum 029, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- BÃ¶rsch-Supan, Axel & Weiss, Matthias, 2011. "Productivity and age: Evidence from work teams at the assembly line," MEA discussion paper series 07148, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Börsch-Supan, A. & Weiss, M., 2013. "Productivity and age: Evidence from work teams at the assembly line," ROA Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Göbel, Christian & Zwick, Thomas, 2009. "Age and productivity: evidence from linked employer employee data," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-020, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Alexander Spermann, 2013. "Die Demografi estrategie der Bundesregierung — ein Weg zu mehr Wohlstand?," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 93(3), pages 165-169, March.
- Heckman, James J. & Kautz, Tim, 2013.
"Fostering and Measuring Skills: Interventions That Improve Character and Cognition,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7750, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James Heckman & Tim Kautz, 2013. "Fostering and Measuring Skills: Interventions That Improve Character and Cognition," Working Papers 2013-019, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- James J. Heckman & Tim Kautz, 2013. "Fostering and Measuring Skills: Interventions That Improve Character and Cognition," NBER Working Papers 19656, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boockmann, Bernhard & Fries, Jan & Göbel, Christian, 2012.
"Specific measures for older employees and late career employment,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
12-059, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Bernhard Boockmann & Jan Fries & Christian Göbel, 2012. "Specific Measures for Older Employees and Late Career Employment," IAW Discussion Papers 89, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Tito Boeri & Jan van Ours, 2013. "The Economics of Imperfect Labor Markets: Second Edition," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 10142.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izapps:pp83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.