The Impact of Language Proficiency on Immigrants' Earnings in Spain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Di Paolo & Josep Lluís Raymond, 2012.
"Language knowledge and earnings in Catalonia,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 15, pages 89-118, May.
- Antonio Di Paolo & Josep Lluís Raymond, 2010. "Language knowledge and earnings in Catalonia," Working Papers wpdea1001, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Antonio Di Paolo & Josep Lluís Raymond, 2010. "Language knowledge and earnings in Catalonia," Working Papers XREAP2010-07, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Jul 2010.
- Cristina Fernández & Carolina Ortega, 2008.
"Labor market assimilation of immigrants in Spain: employment at the expense of bad job-matches?,"
Spanish Economic Review,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 83-107, June.
- Cristina Fernández & Ana Carolina Ortega Masagué, 2006. "Labor Market Assimilation of Immigrants in Spain: Employment at the Expense of Bad Job-Matches?," Working Papers 2006-21, FEDEA.
- Fernandez, Cristina & Ortega, Carolina, 2006. "Labour market assimilation of immigrants in Spain: employment at the expense of bad job-matches?," IESE Research Papers D/644, IESE Business School.
- Izquierdo, Mario & Lacuesta, Aitor & Vegas, Raquel, 2009.
"Assimilation of immigrants in Spain: A longitudinal analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 669-678, December.
- Mario Izquierdo & Aitor Lacuesta & Raquel Vegas, 2009. "Assimilation of immigrants in Spain: A longitudinal analysis," Working Papers 0904, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2003.
"The complementarity of language and other human capital: immigrant earnings in Canada,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 469-480, October.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2002. "The Complementarity of Language and Other Human Capital: Immigrant Earnings in Canada," IZA Discussion Papers 451, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Dustmann & Francesca Fabbri, 2003.
"Language proficiency and labour market performance of immigrants in the UK,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(489), pages 695-717, July.
- Dustmann, Christian & Fabbri, Francesca, 2000. "Language Proficiency and Labour Market Performance of Immigrants in the UK," IZA Discussion Papers 156, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dustmann, Christian & Fabbri, Francesca, 2000. "Language Proficiency and Labour Market Performance of Immigrants in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 2487, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Aimee Chin, 2004. "Language Skills and Earnings: Evidence from Childhood Immigrants," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 481-496, May.
- McManus, Walter & Gould, William & Welch, Finis, 1983. "Earnings of Hispanic Men: The Role of English Language Proficiency," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(2), pages 101-130, April.
- Aldashev, Alisher & Gernandt, Johannes & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2009.
"Language usage, participation, employment and earnings: Evidence for foreigners in West Germany with multiple sources of selection,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 330-341, June.
- Thomsen, Stephan L. & Gernandt, Johannes & Aldashev, Alisher, 2008. "Language Usage, Participation, Employment and Earnings: Evidence for Foreigners in West Germany with Multiple Sources of Selection," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-090, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Antonio di Paolo, 2011.
"Knowledge of catalan, public/prívate sector choice and earnings: Evidence from a double sample selection model,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 197(2), pages 9-35, June.
- Antonio Di Paolo, 2010. "Knowledge of Catalan, public/private sector choice and earnings: Evidence from a double sample selection model," Working Papers XREAP2010-09, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Sep 2010.
- Geoffrey Carliner, 1981. "Wage Differences by Language Group and the Market for Language Skills in Canada," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 16(3), pages 384-399.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zorlu, Aslan & Hartog, Joop, 2018. "The Impact of Language on Socioeconomic Integration of Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 11485, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yuxin Yao & Jan C. van Ours, 2015.
"Language Skills and Labor Market Performance of Immigrants in the Netherlands,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
1505, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Yao, Y. & van Ours, J.C., 2015. "Language Skills and Labor Market Performance of Immigrants in the Netherlands," Discussion Paper 2015-010, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- De Paola, Maria & Brunello, Giorgio, 2016. "Education as a Tool for the Economic Integration of Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 9836, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jan C. van Ours & Yuxin Yao, 2016. "The Wage Penalty of Dialect-Speaking," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-091/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bonin, Holger, 2017. "The Potential Economic Benefits of Education of Migrants in the EU," IZA Research Reports 75, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Wang, Zhiling, 2016. "Social Contacts, Dutch Language Proficiency and Immigrant Economic Performance in the Netherlands: A Longitudinal Study," IZA Discussion Papers 9760, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- van Ours, Jan C. & Yao, Yuxin, 2016. "The Wage Penalty of Dialect-Speaking," CEPR Discussion Papers 11610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yao, Yuxin & van Ours, Jan C., 2015. "Language skills and labor market performance of immigrants in the Netherlands," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 76-85.
More about this item
Keywordsinstrumental variables; immigration; Spanish language proficiency; earnings;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2012-11-11 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAB-2012-11-11 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-11-11 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2012-11-11 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6957. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.