Can Mistargeting Destroy Social Capital and Stimulate Crime? Evidence from a Cash Transfer Program in Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lisa Cameron & Manisha Shah, 2014. "Can Mistargeting Destroy Social Capital and Stimulate Crime? Evidence from a Cash Transfer Program in Indonesia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 381-415.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Coady & Margaret Grosh & John Hoddinott, 2004. "Targeting of Transfers in Developing Countries : Review of Lessons and Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14902, January.
- World Bank, 2006. "Making the New Indonesia Work for the Poor," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8172, The World Bank.
- Eckel, Catherine C & Grossman, Philip J, 1998. "Are Women Less Selfish Than Men? Evidence from Dictator Experiments," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 726-735, May.
- Muliadi Widjaja, 2013. "An Economic and Social Review on Indonesiaâ€™s Direct Cash Transfer Program to Poor Families in 2005," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201304, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised Apr 2013.
- Demombynes, Gabriel & Ozler, Berk, 2005. "Crime and local inequality in South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 265-292, April.
- Elbers, Chris & Fujii, Tomoki & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk & Yin, Wesley, 2007.
"Poverty alleviation through geographic targeting: How much does disaggregation help?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 198-213, May.
- Elbers, Chris & Tomoki Fujii & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk & Yin, Wesley, 2004. "Poverty alleviation through geographic targeting : how much does disaggregation help?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3419, The World Bank.
- Mary Kay Gugerty & Michael Kremer, 2000. "Outside Funding of Community Organizations: Benefiting or Displacing the Poor?," NBER Working Papers 7896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hastuti & Sudarno Sumarto & Nina Toyamah & Syaikhu Usman & Bambang Sulaksono & Sri Budiyati & Wenefrida Dwi Widyanti & Meuthia Rosfadhila & Hariyanti Sadaly & Sufiet Erlita & R. Justin Sodo & Sami Baz, 2006. "A Rapid Appraisal of The Implementation of the 2005 Direct Cash Transfer Program in Indonesia : A Case Study in Five Kabupaten/Kota," Development Economics Working Papers 22529, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- John Gibson & Bonggeun Kim, 2006. "Measurement Error and the Effect of Inequality on Experienced versus Reported Crime," Working Papers in Economics 06/05, University of Waikato.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Alesina & Caterina Gennaioli & Stefania Lovo, 2014.
"Public Goods and Ethnic Diversity: Evidence from Deforestation in Indonesia,"
NBER Working Papers
20504, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Caterina Gennaioli & Stefania Lovo, 2015. "Public goods and ethnic diversity: evidence from deforestation in Indonesia," GRI Working Papers 166, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Alberto Alesina & Caterina Gennaioli & Stefania Lovo, 2016. "Public Goods and Ethnic Diversity: Evidence from Deforestation in Indonesia," Working Papers 80, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Polania-Reyes, Sandra & Pellerano, Luca, 2015. "Building social capital: Conditional cash transfers and cooperation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 22-39.
- Tohari, Achmad & Parsons, Christopher & Rammohan, Anu, 2017. "Targeting Poverty under Complementarities: Evidence from Indonesia's Unified Targeting System," IZA Discussion Papers 10968, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stoeffler, Quentin & Mills, Bradford & del Ninno, Carlo, 2016.
"Reaching the Poor: Cash Transfer Program Targeting in Cameroon,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 244-263.
- Stoeffler, Quentin & Mills, Bradford & del Ninno, Carlo, 2015. "Reaching the Poor: Cash Transfer Program Targeting in Cameroon," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205270, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Bazzi, Samuel & Sumarto, Sudarno & Suryahadi, Asep, 2013. "It's All in the Timing:Household Expenditure and Labor Supply Responses to Unconditional Cash Transfers," MPRA Paper 57892, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Nov 2013.
More about this item
Keywordscash transfer programs; crime; mistargeting; social capital;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-07-29 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2012-07-29 (South East Asia)
- NEP-SOC-2012-07-29 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .