On the Cyclicality and Stability of Real Earnings
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Paxson, Christina H & Sicherman, Nachum, 1996. "The Dynamics of Dual Job Holding and Job Mobility," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 357-393, July.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Katharine G. Abraham & John C. Haltiwanger, 1995. "Real Wages and the Business Cycle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1215-1264, September.
- Ulrich Woitek, 1998. "A Note on the Baxter-King Filter," Working Papers 9813, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Harvey, A C & Jaeger, A, 1993. "Detrending, Stylized Facts and the Business Cycle," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 231-247, July-Sept.
- Harvey, Andrew C. & Collier, Patrick, 1977. "Testing for functional misspecification in regression analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 103-119, July.
- Hall, Robert E & Lilien, David M, 1979.
"Efficient Wage Bargains under Uncertain Supply and Demand,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 868-879, December.
- Robert E. Hall & David M. Lilien, 1978. "Efficient Wage Bargains Under Uncertain Supply and Demand," NBER Working Papers 0306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Spanos,Aris, 1986. "Statistical Foundations of Econometric Modelling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521269124, April.
- Ichniowski, Casey & Shaw, Kathryn & Prennushi, Giovanna, 1997. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Practices on Productivity: A Study of Steel Finishing Lines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 291-313, June.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, January.
- Cogley, Timothy & Nason, James M., 1995.
"Effects of the Hodrick-Prescott filter on trend and difference stationary time series Implications for business cycle research,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 253-278.
- Timothy Cogley & James M. Nason, 1993. "Effects of the Hodrick-Prescott filter on trend and difference stationary time series: implications for business cycle research," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 93-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Trejo, Stephen J, 1993. "Overtime Pay, Overtime Hours, and Labor Unions," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(2), pages 253-278, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Josef Zweimueller & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, "undated".
"Firm-specific Training: Consequences for Job Mobility,"
IEW - Working Papers
037, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Josef Zweimüller & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2000. "Firm-specific training: Consequences for job mobility," Economics working papers 2000-06, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Zweimüller, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2000. "Firm-specific Training: Consequences for Job Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 138, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Kimmel, Jean, 2005. "Moonlighting Behavior over the Business Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 1671, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 2000.
"Flexibility vs. Rigidity: Does Spain have the worst of both Worlds?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
144, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gilles Saint Paul, 2000. "Flexibility vs. rigidity: Does Spain have the worst of both worlds?," Economics Working Papers 450, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Bob Hart & Jim Malley & Ulrich Woitek, 2001.
"Real Wages and the Cycle: The View from the Frequency Domain,"
2001_2, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Hart, Robert A. & Malley, James R. & Woitek, Ulrich, 2001. "Real Wages and the Cycle: The View from the Frequency Domain," IZA Discussion Papers 325, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsCyclical behavior of wages; straight-time wages; overtime; overtime premium;
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.