Asabiyya: Re-Interpreting Value Change in Globalized Societies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhandari, Amit Kumar & Heshmati, Almas, 2005. "Measurement of Globalization and Its Variations Among Countries, Regions and Over Time," IZA Discussion Papers 1578, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Archibugi, Daniele & Coco, Alberto, 2004.
"A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo),"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 629-654, April.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," SPRU Working Paper Series 111, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," CEIS Research Paper 44, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2001.
"International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 541-563, July.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment Updates and Implications," NBER Working Papers 7911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben Lockwood, 2004. "How Robust is the Kearney/Foreign Policy Globalisation Index?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 507-523, April.
- Noland, Marcus, 2005. "Religion and economic performance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1215-1232, August.
- J Sylvan Katz & Viv Cothey, 2006. "Web indicators for complex innovation systems," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 85-95, August.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2005. "On Measuring Aggregate "Social Efficiency."," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(2), pages 273-292, January.
- Marcus Noland & Howard Pack, 2004. "Islam, Globalization, and Economic Performance in the Middle East," Policy Briefs PB04-04, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Almas Heshmati & Arno Tausch & Chemen S. J. Bajalan, 2008.
"Measurement and Analysis of Child Well-Being in Middle and High Income Countries,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 5(2), pages 187-249, December.
- Heshmati, Almas & Bajalan, Chemen S. J. & Tausch, Arno, 2007. "Measurement and Analysis of Child Well-Being in Middle and High Income Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 3203, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcus Noland, 2005. "Explaining Middle Eastern Authoritarianism," Working Paper Series WP05-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Farhad Noorbakhsh, 1998. "The human development index: some technical issues and alternative indices," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 589-605.
- Katz, J. Sylvan, 2006. "Indicators for complex innovation systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 893-909, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2005:i:4:p:1-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco Arcelus & Gopalan Srinivasan & Basu Sharma, 2005. "Assessing the information content of the technology achievement index in the presence of the human development index," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(4), pages 1-5.
- Heshmati Almas, 2006. "Measurement of a Multidimensional Index of Globalization," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 1-30, May.
More about this item
Keywordsindex numbers and aggregation; international political economy; religion; bureaucracy; corruption;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- F5 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-10 (All new papers)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Chủ nghĩa Hồi giáo in Wikipedia Vietnamese ne '')
- ʻAşabīyah in Wikipedia Estonian ne '')
- Asabiyyah in Wikipedia Malay ne '')
- World Values Survey in Wikipedia Dutch ne '')
- Mundus Musulmanus in Wikipedia Latin ne '')
- ისლამი in Wikipedia Georgian ne '')
- Islamismo in Wikipedia Spanish ne '')
- Islam in Wikipedia Polish ne '')
- Asabiyyah in Wikipedia Catalan ne '')
- Іслам у Європі in Wikipedia Ukranian ne '')
- Ronald Inglehart in Wikipedia Portuguese ne '')
- Encuesta Mundial de Valores in Wikipedia Spanish ne '')
- Islamismo na Europa in Wikipedia Portuguese ne '')
- 世界価値観調査 in Wikipedia Japanese ne '')
- Islam in Wikipedia Waray-Waray ne '')
- Asabiyyah in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Ronald Inglehart in Wikipedia English ne '')
- 아사비야 in Wikipedia Korean ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.