Testing for the Option Value of Migration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael C. Burda & Wolfgang Härdle & Marlene Müller & Axel Werwatz, 1998.
"Semiparametric analysis of German East-West migration intentions: facts and theory,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 525-541.
- Burda, Michael C. & Härdle, Wolfgang & Müller, Marlene & Werwatz, Axel, 1997. "Semiparametric analysis of German East-West migration intentions: Facts and theory," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,3, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Locher, Lilo, 2001. "The Determination of a Migration Wave Using Ethnicity and Community Ties," IZA Discussion Papers 346, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Burda, Michael C., 1993.
"The determinants of East-West German migration: Some first results,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 452-461, April.
- Burda, Michael C, 1993. "The Determinants of East-West German Migration: Some First Results," CEPR Discussion Papers 764, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harry Coccossis & Peter Nijkamp, 2007. "Regional Science in Perspective," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(2), pages 137-140.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Landesmann & Isilda Mara, 2013.
"The Steadiness of Migration Plans and Expected Length of Stay – Based on a Recent Survey of Romanian Migrants in Italy,"
wiiw Working Papers
104, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Isilda Mara & Michael Landesmann, 2013. "The steadiness of migration plans and expected length of stay: based on a recent survey of Romanian migrants in Italy," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013007, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Stephen Drinkwater & Michał Garapich, 2013. "Migration Plans and Strategies of Recent Polish Migrants to England and Wales: Do They Have Any and How Do They Change?," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013023, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Sergio Vergalli, 2008. "The Role of Community in Migration Dynamics," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(3), pages 547-567, September.
- Sergio Vergalli, 2006. "Dynamics in Immigration Community," Working Papers ubs0613, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Klaus Nowotny, 2014. "Cross-border commuting and migration intentions: the roles of risk aversion and time preference," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 8(2), June.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; option theory; ethnic Germans;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-12-14 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.