The Effect of Filipino Overseas Migration on the Non-Migrant Spouse’s Market Participation and Labor Supply Behavior
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2005.
"Children and the Labor Force Participation and Earnings of Parents in the Philippines,"
DP 2005-20, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Aniceto C. Orbeta & Jr., 2005. "Children and the Labor Force Participation and Earnings of Parents in the Philippines," Development Economics Working Papers 22670, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2007. "Children and the Labor Force Participation and Earnings of Parents in the Philippines," Philippine Journal of Development PJD 2005 Vol. XXXII No. 1, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lipton, Michael, 1980. "Migration from rural areas of poor countries: The impact on rural productivity and income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Angrist, Joshua D & Evans, William N, 1998.
"Children and Their Parents' Labor Supply: Evidence from Exogenous Variation in Family Size,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 450-477, June.
- Joshua D. Angrist & William N. Evans, 1996. "Children and Their Parents' Labor Supply: Evidence from Exogenous Variation in Family Size," NBER Working Papers 5778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
More about this item
KeywordsPhilippines; international migration; remittances; labor supply; conjugal-time allocation;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-12 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .