Beneficial Brain Drain and Non-Migrants' Welfare
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ça?lar Özden & Maurice Schiff, 2006. "International Migration, Remittances, and the Brain Drain," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6929, June.
- Maurice Schiff, 2017.
"Ability drain: size, impact, and comparison with brain drain under alternative immigration policies,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 30(4), pages 1337-1354, October.
- Maurice Schiff, 2016. "Ability Drain: Size, Impact, and Comparison with Brain Drain under Alternative Immigration Policies," RSCAS Working Papers 2016/22, European University Institute.
- Schiff, Maurice, 2017. "Ability Drain: Size, Impact, and Comparison with Brain Drain under Alternative Immigration Policies," GLO Discussion Paper Series 62, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Özden, Çaglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2011.
"Migrant networks and foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 231-241, March.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Ozden, Caglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2006. "Migrant networks and foreign direct investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4046, The World Bank.
- Beata S. Javorcik & Çaglar Özden & Mariana Spatareanu & Cristina Neagu, 2006. "Migrant Networks and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2006-003, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Kugler, Maurice & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007. "International labor and capital flows: Complements or substitutes?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 155-162, February.
- Michel Beine & Fréderic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008.
"Brain Drain and Human Capital Formation in Developing Countries: Winners and Losers,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 631-652, April.
- Michel, BEINE & Frédéric, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT, 2006. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries : winners and losers," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006023, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries: winners and losers?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10415, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel, 2001.
"Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 275-289, February.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2001. "Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10449, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish & Hamada, Koichi, 1974. "The brain drain, international integration of markets for professionals and unemployment : A theoretical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-42, April.
More about this item
Keywordsbrain drain; net brain gain; education policy; source country residents; welfare;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-05-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2018-05-28 (Education)
- NEP-MIG-2018-05-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp11483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .