In-Work Poverty in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henning Lohmann, 2008. "Welfare States, Labour Market Institutions and the Working Poor: A Comparative Analysis of 20 European Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 776, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jeffrey Grogger, 2003. "The Effects of Time Limits, the EITC, and Other Policy Changes on Welfare Use, Work, and Income among Female-Headed Families," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 394-408, May.
- Blank Rebecca M, 2006. "Was Welfare Reform Successful?," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 1-5, March.
- Jane Waldfogel, 2006. "What do children need?," Public Policy Review, Institute for Public Policy Research, vol. 13(1), pages 26-34.
- Jeffrey Grogger, 2004.
"Welfare transitions in the 1990s: The economy, welfare policy, and the EITC,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 671-695.
- Jeffrey Grogger, 2003. "Welfare Transitions in the 1990s: The Economy, Welfare Policy, and the EITC," NBER Working Papers 9472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephanie Riegg Cellini & Signe-Mary McKernan & Caroline Ratcliffe, 2008. "The dynamics of poverty in the United States: A review of data, methods, and findings," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 577-605.
- Hilary W. Hoynes & Marianne E. Page & Ann Huff Stevens, 2006. "Poverty in America: Trends and Explanations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 47-68, Winter.
- David H. Autor, 2015. "Why Are There Still So Many Jobs? The History and Future of Workplace Automation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 3-30, Summer.
- David T. Ellwood, 2000. "Anti-Poverty Policy for Families in the Next Century: From Welfare to Work--and Worries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 187-198, Winter.
- Zachary Parolin, 2016. "The Sum of Its Parts? Assessing Variation and Trends in Family Income Support Across the 48 Contiguous United States," Working Papers 1605, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Marchal, Sarah & Marx, Ive, 2015.
"Stemming the Tide: What Have EU Countries Done to Support Low-Wage Workers in an Era of Downward Wage Pressures?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9390, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sarah Marchal & Ive Marx, 2015. "Stemming the tide. What have EU countries done to support low-wage workers in an era of downward wage pressure?," ImPRovE Working Papers 15/18, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Mary Jo Bane & David T. Ellwood, 1986. "Slipping into and out of Poverty: The Dynamics of Spells," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-23.
- Sandra K. Danziger & Sheldon Danziger & Kristin S. Seefeldt & H. Luke Shaefer, 2016. "From Welfare To A Work‐Based Safety Net: An Incomplete Transition," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(1), pages 231-238, January.
- Ron Haskins, 2016. "Tanf At Age 20: Work Still Works," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(1), pages 224-231, January.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2010.
"Is the EITC as Good as an NIT? Conditional Cash Transfers and Tax Incidence,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 177-208, February.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2009. "Is the EITC as Good as an NIT? Conditional Cash Transfers and Tax Incidence," Working Papers 1160, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Lane Kenworthy, 2015. "Do employment-conditional earnings subsidies work?," ImPRovE Working Papers 15/10, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Eissa, Nada & Hoynes, Hilary Williamson, 2004. "Taxes and the labor market participation of married couples: the earned income tax credit," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1931-1958, August.
- David Brady & Jennifer Moren Cross & Andrew Fullerton, 2010. "More than Just Nickels and Dimes: A Cross-National Analysis of Working Poverty in Affluent Democracies," LIS Working papers 545, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; employment; wages; United States;
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2017-04-23 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2017-04-23 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10638. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .