Locally managed irrigation systems: essential tasks and implications for assistance, management transfer and turnover programs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferguson, Carol A., 1992. "Water allocation, inefficiency and inequity in a government irrigation system," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 165-182, January.
- Martin, E. D. & Yoder, R., 1987. "Institutions for irrigation management in farmer-managed systems: examples from the hills of Nepal," IWMI Books, Reports H003019, International Water Management Institute.
- Kikuchi, M. & Merrey, D. J. & Sakthivadivel, R. & Aluwihare, P. B., 1992. "Irrigation investment trends in Sri Lanka: implications for policy and research in irrigation management," Conference Papers h010754, International Water Management Institute.
- Martin, E. & Yoder, R. & Groenfeldt, D., 1986. "Farmer-managed irrigation: research issues," IWMI Books, Reports H003478, International Water Management Institute.
- Pradhan, P., 1989. "Irrigation development in Bhutan," IWMI Working Papers H005727, International Water Management Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Koppen, Barbara & Giordano, Mark & Butterworth, J. & Mapedza, Everisto, 2007. "Community-based water law and water resource management reform in developing countries: rationale, contents and key messages," IWMI Books, Reports H040684, International Water Management Institute.
- Pant, D. & Prasad, K. & Bhattarai, M. & Rajkarnikar, G., 2001. "Interbasin water transfer and changes in rural water management institutions: A case study from the Melamchi River Basin in Nepal," IWMI Books, Reports H031233, International Water Management Institute.
- Vollan, Björn & Prediger, Sebastian & Frölich, Markus, 2013.
"Co-managing common-pool resources: Do formal rules have to be adapted to traditional ecological norms?,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 51-62.
- Bjï¿½rn Vollan & Sebastian Prediger & Markus Frï¿½lich, 2013. "Co-managing common pool resources: Do formal rules have to be adapted to traditional ecological norms?," Working Papers 2013-15, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Barbara van Koppen, 1998. "Water rights, gender, and poverty alleviation. Inclusion and exclusion of women and men smallholders in public irrigation infrastructure development," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 15(4), pages 361-374, December.
- Margreet Zwarteveen & Ruth Meinzen-Dick, 2001. "Gender and property rights in the commons: Examples of water rights in South Asia," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 18(1), pages 11-25, March.
- Lam, Wai Fung, 1996. "Improving the performance of small-scale irrigation systems: The effects of technological investments and governance structure on irrigation performance in Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1301-1315, August.
- Wai Lam & Elinor Ostrom, 2010. "Analyzing the dynamic complexity of development interventions: lessons from an irrigation experiment in Nepal," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 43(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Pant, Dhruba & Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Basnet, Govinda, 2008. "Implications of bulk water transfer on local water management institutions: A case study of the Melamchi Water Supply Project in Nepal," CAPRi working papers 78, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwt:bosers:h011888. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .