Locally managed irrigation systems: essential tasks and implications for assistance, management transfer and turnover programs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferguson, Carol A., 1992. "Water allocation, inefficiency and inequity in a government irrigation system," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 165-182, January.
- Martin, E. D. & Yoder, R., 1987. "Institutions for irrigation management in farmer-managed systems: examples from the hills of Nepal," IWMI Books, Reports H003019, International Water Management Institute.
- Kikuchi, M. & Merrey, D. J. & Sakthivadivel, R. & Aluwihare, P. B., 1992. "Irrigation investment trends in Sri Lanka: implications for policy and research in irrigation management," Conference Papers h010754, International Water Management Institute.
- Martin, E. & Yoder, R. & Groenfeldt, D., 1986. "Farmer-managed irrigation: research issues," IWMI Books, Reports H003478, International Water Management Institute.
- Pradhan, P., 1989. "Irrigation development in Bhutan," IWMI Working Papers H005727, International Water Management Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Philippe Venot, 2014. "Rethinking commons management in Sub-Saharan West Africa: public authority and participation in the agricultural water sector," Water International, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 534-548, July.
- van Koppen, Barbara & Giordano, Mark & Butterworth, J. & Mapedza, Everisto, 2007. "Community-based water law and water resource management reform in developing countries: rationale, contents and key messages," IWMI Books, Reports H040684, International Water Management Institute.
- Pant, D. & Prasad, K. & Bhattarai, M. & Rajkarnikar, G., 2001. "Interbasin water transfer and changes in rural water management institutions: A case study from the Melamchi River Basin in Nepal," IWMI Books, Reports H031233, International Water Management Institute.
- Vollan, Björn & Prediger, Sebastian & Frölich, Markus, 2013.
"Co-managing common-pool resources: Do formal rules have to be adapted to traditional ecological norms?,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 51-62.
- Bjï¿½rn Vollan & Sebastian Prediger & Markus Frï¿½lich, 2013. "Co-managing common pool resources: Do formal rules have to be adapted to traditional ecological norms?," Working Papers 2013-15, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Barbara van Koppen, 1998. "Water rights, gender, and poverty alleviation. Inclusion and exclusion of women and men smallholders in public irrigation infrastructure development," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 15(4), pages 361-374, December.
- Margreet Zwarteveen & Ruth Meinzen-Dick, 2001. "Gender and property rights in the commons: Examples of water rights in South Asia," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 18(1), pages 11-25, March.
- Lam, Wai Fung, 1996. "Improving the performance of small-scale irrigation systems: The effects of technological investments and governance structure on irrigation performance in Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1301-1315, August.
- Wai Lam & Elinor Ostrom, 2010. "Analyzing the dynamic complexity of development interventions: lessons from an irrigation experiment in Nepal," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 43(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Pant, Dhruba & Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Basnet, Govinda, 2008. "Implications of bulk water transfer on local water management institutions: A case study of the Melamchi Water Supply Project in Nepal," CAPRi working papers 78, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jeff Dayton-Johnson, 2003. "Small-holders and Water Resources: A Review Essay on the Economics of Locally-managed Irrigation," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 315-339.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwt:bosers:h011888. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .