From the Substance to the Shadow: The Court Embedded into Japanese Labor Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Galenson, David W, 1981.
"The Market Evaluation of Human Capital: The Case of Indentured Servitude,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 446-467, June.
- Galenson, David W., "undated". "The Market Evaluation of Human Capital: The Case of Indentured Servitude," Working Papers 316, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633.
- Betsey Stevenson & Justin Wolfers, 2006.
"Bargaining in the Shadow of the Law: Divorce Laws and Family Distress,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(1), pages 267-288.
- Stevenson, Betsey & Wolfers, Justin, 2003. "Bargaining in the Shadow of the Law: Divorce Laws and Family Distress," Research Papers 1828, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Betsey Stevenson & Justin Wolfers, 2003. "Bargaining in the Shadow of the Law: Divorce Laws and Family Distress," NBER Working Papers 10175, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Ginsburg & Glenn Hoetker, 2006. "The Unreluctant Litigant? An Empirical Analysis of Japanâ€™s Turn to Litigation," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 31-59, January.
- Grubb, Farley, 1985. "The Market for Indentured Immigrants: Evidence on the Efficiency of Forward-Labor Contracting in Philadelphia, 1745–1773," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(04), pages 855-868, December.
- Albert Choi & George Triantis, 2008. "Completing Contracts in the Shadow of Costly Verification," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 503-534, June.
- Suresh Naidu, 2010. "Recruitment Restrictions and Labor Markets: Evidence from the Postbellum U.S. South," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(2), pages 413-445, April.
- Booth, Alison L & Frank, Jeff, 1999. "Earnings, Productivity, and Performance-Related Pay," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(3), pages 447-463, July.
More about this item
Keywordsemployment contract; poaching; bystander's infringement on claim; shadow of the law; Japan;
- N34 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: 1913-
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- J42 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Monopsony; Segmented Labor Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2014-03-08 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2014-03-08 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:itk:issdps:f168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/istokjp.html .