Specificity of Occupational Training and Occupational Mobility: An Empirical Study Based on Lazear’s Skill-Weights Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Regula Geel & Johannes Mure & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2011. "Specificity of occupational training and occupational mobility: an empirical study based on Lazear’s skill-weights approach," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 519-535, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas J. Kane & Dietmar Harhoff, 1997.
"Is the German apprenticeship system a panacea for the U.S. labor market?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 171-196.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Kane, Thomas J., 1995. "Is the German apprenticeship system a panacea for the US labour market?," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-19, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Kane, Thomas J, 1996. "Is the German Apprenticeship System a Panacea for the US Labour Market?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Euwals, Rob & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2001.
"Why Do Firms Train? Empirical Evidence on the First Labour Market Outcomes of Graduated Apprentices,"
IZA Discussion Papers
319, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Euwals, Rob & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2001. "Why do Firms Train? Empirical Evidence on the First Labour Market Outcomes of Graduate Apprentices," CEPR Discussion Papers 2880, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2003. "Firm-Specific Human Capital: A Skill-Weights Approach," NBER Working Papers 9679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katz, Eliakim & Ziderman, Adrian, 1990. "Investment in General Training: The Role of Information and Labour Mobility," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1147-1158, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hof, Stefanie & Strupler Leiser, Mirjam & Wolter, Stefan C., 2011. "Career Changers in Teaching Jobs: A Case Study Based on the Swiss Vocational Education System," IZA Discussion Papers 5806, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bublitz, Elisabeth, 2013.
"Matching Skills of Individuals and Firms Along the Career Path,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79742, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bublitz, Elisabeth, 2015. "Matching skills of individuals and firms along the career path," HWWI Research Papers 165, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Oyer, Paul & Schaefer, Scott, 2011. "Personnel Economics: Hiring and Incentives," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier.
- Goeggel, Kathrin & Zwick, Thomas, 2009.
"Good occupation - bad occupation? The quality of apprenticeship training,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
09-024, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kathrin Goeggel & Thomas Zwick, 2009. "Good Occupation – Bad Occupation? The Quality of Apprenticeship Training," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0045, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Edward P. Lazear, 2009. "Firm-Specific Human Capital: A Skill-Weights Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(5), pages 914-940, October.
- Kritkorn Nawakitphaitoon & Russell Ormiston, 2016.
"The estimation methods of occupational skills transferability
[Die Methoden zur Einschätzung der Übertragbarkeit beruflicher Kompetenzen]," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 49(4), pages 317-327, December.
- Regula Geel & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2009. "Occupational Mobility Within and Between Skill Clusters: An Empirical Analysis Based on the Skill-Weights Approach," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0047, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Kathrin Göggel & Thomas Zwick, 2012.
"Heterogeneous Wage Effects of Apprenticeship Training,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 114(3), pages 756-779, September.
- Kathrin Goeggel & Thomas Zwick, 2011. "Heterogeneous Wage Effects of Apprenticeship Training," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0062, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Jansen, Anika & de Grip, Andries & Kriechel, Ben, 2017. "The effect of choice options in training curricula on the demand for and supply of apprentices," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 52-65.
- By Barbara Mueller & Jürg Schweri, 2015. "How specific is apprenticeship training? Evidence from inter-firm and occupational mobility after graduation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 1057-1077.
- Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation (EFI), Berlin (ed.), 2012. "Research, innovation and technological performance in Germany - EFI Report 2012," Research, Innovation and Technological Performance in Germany: Report, Expertenkommission Forschung und Innovation (EFI) - Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation, Berlin, volume 127, number 2012e, April.
More about this item
KeywordsMobility; Skill-weights; Occupational specificity; Apprenticeship training;
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- M53 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Training
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-11-04 (Business Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2008-11-04 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2008-11-04 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iso:educat:0038. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sara Brunner). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isuzhch.html .