Policy Measures to Alleviate Foreign Currency Liquidity Shortages under Aggregate Risk with Moral Hazard
During the recent global financial crisis, some central banks introduced two innovative cross-border operations to deal with the problems of foreign currency liquidity shortages: domestic liquidity operations using cross-border collaterals and operations for supplying foreign currency based on standing swap lines among central banks. We show theoretically that central banks improve the efficiency of equilibrium under foreign currency liquidity shortages by those two innovative temporary policy measures.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.imes.boj.or.jp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James T. E. Chapman & Antoine Martin, 2007.
"Rediscounting Under Aggregate Risk with Moral Hazard,"
07-51, Bank of Canada.
- James T.E. Chapman & Antoine Martin, 2013. "Rediscounting under Aggregate Risk with Moral Hazard," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(4), pages 651-674, 06.
- James T. E. Chapman & Antoine Martin, 2007. "Rediscounting under aggregate risk with moral hazard," Staff Reports 296, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983.
"Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-19, June.
- Fabio Castiglionesi, 2013. "Financial Intermediation and Liquidity," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, issue 1, pages 7-36, January-M.
- John C. Williams & John B. Taylor, 2009.
"A Black Swan in the Money Market,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 58-83, January.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 2009.
"Lenders of Last Resort in a Globalized World,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7355, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xavier Freixas, 2009.
"Monetary policy in a systemic crisis,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(4), pages 630-653, Winter.
- James Chapman & Jonathan Chiu & Miguel Molico, 2013.
"A Model of Tiered Settlement Networks,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(2-3), pages 327-347, 03.
- Freeman, Scott, 1999. "Rediscounting under aggregate risk," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 197-216, February.
- Antoine Martin, 2009. "Reconciling Bagehot and the Fed's Response to September 11," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(2-3), pages 397-415, 03.
- Linda S. Goldberg & Craig Kennedy & Jason Miu, 2011.
"Central bank dollar swap lines and overseas dollar funding costs,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 3-20.
- Linda S. Goldberg & Craig Kennedy & Jason Miu, 2010. "Central bank dollar swap lines and overseas dollar funding costs," Staff Reports 429, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Linda S. Goldberg & Craig Kennedy & Jason Miu, 2010. "Central Bank Dollar Swap Lines and Overseas Dollar Funding Costs," NBER Working Papers 15763, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baba, Naohiko & Packer, Frank, 2009. "From turmoil to crisis: Dislocations in the FX swap market before and after the failure of Lehman Brothers," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1350-1374, December.
- James McAndrews & Asani Sarkar & Zhenyu Wang, 2008. "The effect of the Term Auction Facility on the London Inter-Bank Offered Rate," Staff Reports 335, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Charles M. Kahn & William Roberds, 2009. "Payments Settlement: Tiering in Private and Public Systems," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(5), pages 855-884, 08.
- Naohiko Baba & Frank Packer, 2009. "From turmoil to crisis: dislocations in the FX swap market before and after the failure of Lehman Brothers," BIS Working Papers 285, Bank for International Settlements.
- John Oâ€™Neill, 2009. "Market," Chapters, in: Handbook of Economics and Ethics, chapter 42 Edward Elgar.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imedps:10-e-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.