The migration flux: Understanding international immigration through internal migration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gernot Grabher & Walter W. Powell (ed.), 2004. "Networks," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 2771.
- Dunlevy, James A. & Gemery, Henry A., 1978. "Economic Opportunity and the Responses of â€œOldâ€ and â€œNewâ€ Migrants to the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(4), pages 901-917, December.
- Carlo Devillanova & Walter García-Fontes, 2004.
"Migration across Spanish provinces: evidence from the social security records (1978-1992),"
Fundación SEPI, vol. 28(3), pages 461-487, September.
- Carlo Devillanova & Walter García-Fontes, "undated". "Migration across Spanish Provinces: Evidence fron the Social Scurity Records (1978-1992)," Studies on the Spanish Economy 42, FEDEA.
- Carlo Devillanova & Walter Garcia Fontes, 1998. "Migration across Spanish provinces: Evidence from the social security records (1978-1992)," Economics Working Papers 318, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Douglas J. Krupka, 2009.
"Location‐Specific Human Capital, Location Choice And Amenity Demand,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(5), pages 833-854, December.
- Krupka, Douglas J., 2007. "Location-Specific Human Capital, Location Choice and Amenity Demand," IZA Discussion Papers 2987, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- María Hierro, 2009. "Modelling the dynamics of internal migration flows in Spain," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(3), pages 683-692, August.
- Paul Winters & Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2001.
"Family and Community Networks in Mexico-U.S. Migration,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(1), pages 159-184.
- Winters, Paul C. & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1999. "Family And Community Networks In Mexico-U.S. Migration," Working Papers 12907, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Corinne Deléchat, 2001. "International Migration Dynamics: The Role of Experience and Social Networks," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 15(3), pages 457-486, September.
- Kamar Ali & Mark Partridge & Dan Rickman, 2012.
"International immigration and domestic out-migrants: are domestic migrants moving to new jobs or away from immigrants?,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(2), pages 397-415, October.
- Kamar Ali & Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2010. "International Immigration and Domestic Out-Migrants: Are Domestic Migrants Moving to New Jobs or Away from Immigrants?," Economics Working Paper Series 1001, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Davis, Benjamin & Stecklov, Guy & Winters, Paul, 2002. "Domestic and international migration from rural Mexico: Disaggregrating the effects of network structure and composition," ESA Working Papers 289101, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Randall Filer, 1992. "The Effect of Immigrant Arrivals on Migratory Patterns of Native Workers," NBER Chapters, in: Immigration and the Work Force: Economic Consequences for the United States and Source Areas, pages 245-270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin Davis & Guy Stecklov & Paul Winters, 2002. "Domestic and International Migration from Rural Mexico: Disaggregating the effects of network structure and composition," Working Papers 02-13, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
More about this item
Keywordsinternational; internal; domestic; migration; immigration; cumulative causation; chain migration; social networks;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2011-11-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imd:wpaper:wp2011-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IMDEA RePEc Maintainer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icimdes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.