Family and Community Networks in Mexico-U.S. Migration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Winters, Paul C. & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1999. "Family And Community Networks In Mexico-U.S. Migration," Working Papers 12907, University of New England, School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Levhari, David, 1982. "On Migration and Risk in LDCs," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 191-196, October.
- Banerjee, Biswajit, 1984. "Information flow, expectations and job search : Rural-to-urban migration process in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-3), pages 239-257.
- Banerjee, Biswajit, 1991. "The determinants of migrating with a pre-arranged job and of the initial duration of urban unemployment : An analysis based on Indian data on rural-to-urban migrants," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 337-351, October.
- Larry A. Sjaastad, 1970. "The Costs and Returns of Human Migration," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Harry W. Richardson (ed.), Regional Economics, chapter 9, pages 115-133, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Just, Richard E. & Pope, Rulon D., 1978. "Stochastic specification of production functions and economic implications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 67-86, February.
- B Waldorf, 1996. "The Internal Dynamic of International Migration Systems," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 28(4), pages 631-650, April.
- Sally Findley, 1987. "An interactive contextual model of migration in Ilocos Norte, the Philippines," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 24(2), pages 163-190, May.
- Nancy H. Chau, 1995. "The Pattern of Migration with Variable Migration Cost," Urban/Regional 9511001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "Modest expectations: Causes and effects of migration on migrant households in source countries," MPRA Paper 29507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guy Stecklov & Paul Winters & Marco Stampini & Benjamin Davis, 2003.
"Can Public Transfers Reduce Mexican Migration? A study based on randomized experimental data,"
03-16, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Stecklov, Guy & Winters, Paul & Stampini, Marco & Davis, Benjamin, 2003. "Can public transfers reduce Mexican migration? A study based on randomized experimental data," ESA Working Papers 289083, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Tineke Fokkema & Eralba Cela & Elena Ambrosetti, 2013. "Giving from the Heart or from the Ego? Motives behind Remittances of the Second Generation in Europe," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 539-572, September.
- Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak & Gharad Bryan, 2009.
"Migrating Away from a Seasonal Famine: A Randomized Intervention in Bangladesh,"
Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present)
HDRP-2009-41, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Sep 2009.
- Chowdhury, Shyamal & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq & Bryan, Gharad, 2009. "Migrating Away from a Seasonal Famine: A Randomized Intervention in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 19224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arland Thornton & Prem Bhandari & Jeffrey Swindle & Nathalie Williams & Linda Young-DeMarco & Cathy Sun & Christina Hughes, 2020. "Fatalistic Beliefs and Migration Behaviors: A Study of Ideational Demography in Nepal," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 39(4), pages 643-670, August.
- Younoussi Zourkaleini & Victor Piché, 2007. "Economic integration in an urban labor market," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 17(17), pages 497-540.
- McKenzie, David J., 2006.
"A profile of the world's young developing country migrants,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4021, The World Bank.
- McKenzie, David, 2007. "A Profile of the World's Young Developing Country Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 2948, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Quinones, Esteban J. & Barham, Bradford L., 2018. "Endogenous Selection, Migration and Occupation Outcomes for Rural Southern Mexicans," Staff Paper Series 587, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Roel Jennissen, 2007. "Causality Chains in the International Migration Systems Approach," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 26(4), pages 411-436, August.
- Liu, Chang & Eriksson, Tor & Yi, Fujin, 2021.
"Offspring migration and nutritional status of left-behind older adults in rural China,"
Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 41(C).
- Chang Liu & Tor Eriksson & Fujin Yi, 2021. "Offspring Migration and Nutritional Status of Left-behind Older Adults in Rural China," Economics Working Papers 2021-03, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Kazi Abdul, Mannan & V.V, Kozlov, 1999. "Migration Decision-Making among Bangladeshi Migrants in Italy: A Combined Model Approach," MPRA Paper 103212, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1999.
- Anne Michels, 2011. "Migration and Inheritance Practices in the Bolivian Altiplano," WIDER Working Paper Series 038, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Goldbach, Carina & Schlüter, Achim, 2018. "Risk aversion, time preferences, and out-migration. Experimental evidence from Ghana and Indonesia," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 132-148.
- Anne Michels, 2011. "Migration and Inheritance Practices in the Bolivian Altiplano," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2011-038, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Williams, Nathalie E. & Bhandari, Prem & Young-DeMarco, Linda & Swindle, Jeffrey & Hughes, Christina & Chan, Loritta & Thornton, Arland & Sun, Cathy, 2020. "Ethno-Caste influences on migration rates and destinations," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 130(C).
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2008. "Why do people migrate? A review of the theoretical literature," MPRA Paper 28197, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emmanuel Apergis & Nicholas Apergis, 2022. "Reverse Immigration Effects for Expatriates in Oman During the COVID-19 Pandemic Shock," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 28(1), pages 19-37, May.
- Stark, Oded, 2021.
"Reexamining the influence of conditional cash transfers on migration from a gendered lens: Comment,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 379-381.
- Stark, Oded, 2021. "Reexamining the Influence of Conditional Cash Transfers on Migration from a Gendered Lens: Comment," IZA Discussion Papers 14068, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mariapia Mendola, 2004. "Migration and Technological Change in Rural Households: Complements or Substitutes?," Development Working Papers 195, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Nil Demet Gungor & Aysıt Tansel, 2008.
"Brain drain from Turkey: an investigation of students' return intentions,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(23), pages 3069-3087.
- Güngör, Nil Demet & Tansel, Aysit, 2006. "Brain Drain from Turkey: An Investigation of Students' Return Intentions," IZA Discussion Papers 2287, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nil Demet Gungor & Aysit Tansel, 2007. "Brain Drain from Turkey: An Investigation of Students’ Return Intentions," ERC Working Papers 0701, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jan 2007.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:36:y:2001:i:1:p:159-184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.