Information flow, expectations and job search : Rural-to-urban migration process in India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zenou, Yves, 2011.
"Search, migration, and urban land use: The case of transportation policies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 174-187, November.
- Zenou, Yves, 2010. "Search, Migration, and Urban Land Use: The Case of Transportation Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 8110, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zenou, Yves, 2010. "Search, Migration, and Urban Land Use: The Case of Transportation Policies," IZA Discussion Papers 5312, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yves Zenou, 2010. "Search, Migration, and Urban Land Use: The Case of Transportation Policies," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1027, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Zenou, Yves, 2010. "Search, Migration, and Urban Land Use: The Case of Transportation Policies," Research Papers in Economics 2010:19, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- S.M. Turab Hussain, 2005. "Migration, Policy and Welfare in the Context of Developing Economies : A Simple Extended Family Approach," Development Economics Working Papers 22256, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Paul Winters & Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2001.
"Family and Community Networks in Mexico-U.S. Migration,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(1), pages 159-184.
- Winters, Paul C. & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1999. "Family And Community Networks In Mexico-U.S. Migration," Working Papers 12907, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Younoussi Zourkaleini & Victor Piché, 2007. "Economic integration in an urban labor market," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 17(17), pages 497-540, December.
- Hoang, Trung X. & Pham, Cong S. & Ulubaşoğlu, Mehmet A., 2014. "Non-Farm Activity, Household Expenditure, and Poverty Reduction in Rural Vietnam: 2002–2008," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 554-568.
- Farré, Lídia & Fasani, Francesco, 2013.
"Media exposure and internal migration — Evidence from Indonesia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 48-61.
- Lídia Farré & Francesco Fasani, "undated". "Media Exposure and Internal Migration - Evidence from Indonesia," Working Papers 577, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Lídia Farré & Francesco Fasani, 2011. "Media Exposure and Internal Migration -Evidence from Indonesia," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 883.11, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Farré, Lídia & Fasani, Francesco, 2011. "Media Exposure and Internal Migration: Evidence from Indonesia," IZA Discussion Papers 6012, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lídia Farré & Francesco Fasani, 2011. "Media Exposure and Internal Migration - Evidence from Indonesia," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1117, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Lee, Chul-In, 2008. "Migration and the wage and unemployment gaps between urban and non-urban sectors: A dynamic general equilibrium reinterpretation of the Harris-Todaro equilibrium," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1416-1434, December.
- Muto, Megumi, 2009. "The impacts of mobile phone coverage expansion and personal networks on migration: evidence from Uganda," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51898, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Andrea Cutillo & Claudio Ceccarelli, 2010. "The internal relocation premium: are migrants positively or negatively selected? Evidence from Italy," Working Papers 137, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Mano, Yukichi & Yamano, Takashi & Suzuki, Aya & Matsumoto, Tomoya, 2011.
"Local and Personal Networks in Employment and the Development of Labor Markets: Evidence from the Cut Flower Industry in Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1760-1770.
- Yukichi Mano & Takashi Yamano & Aya Suzuki & Tomoya Matsumoto, 2011. "Local and Personal Networks in Employment and the Development of Labor Markets:Evidence from the Cut Flower Industry in Ethiopia," GRIPS Discussion Papers 10-29, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- Chul-In Lee, 2010. "Can Search-Matching Models Explain Migration And Wage And Unemployment Gaps In Developing Economies? A Calibration Approach," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 635-654.
- Xiao, Wei & Zhao, Guochang, 2018. "Agricultural Land and Rural-Urban Migration in China: A New Pattern," RIEI Working Papers 2018-09, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Research Institute for Economic Integration.
- Zenou, Yves, 2005. "The Todaro Paradox Revisited," IZA Discussion Papers 1861, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "Modest expectations: Causes and effects of migration on migrant households in source countries," MPRA Paper 29507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zenou, Yves, 2008. "Job search and mobility in developing countries. Theory and policy implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 336-355, June.
- S.M. Turab Hussain, 2005. "Rural to Urban Migration and Network Effects in an Extended Family Framework," Microeconomics Working Papers 22257, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yaohui Zhao, 2003. "The Role of Migrant Networks in Labor Migration: The Case of China," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(4), pages 500-511, October.
- Hideaki Goto & Yukichi Mano, 2012. "Labor market competitiveness and the size of the informal sector," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 495-509, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:15:y:1984:i:1-3:p:239-257. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.