Do Exclusivity Arrangments Harm Consumers?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Yongmin, 1997. "Equilibrium Product Bundling," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(1), pages 85-103, January.
- Choi, Jay Pil & Stefanadis, Christodoulos, 2001. "Tying, Investment, and the Dynamic Leverage Theory," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(1), pages 52-71, Spring.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 2002.
"The Strategic Use of Tying to Preserve and Create Market Power in Evolving Industries,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(2), pages 194-220, Summer.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 1998. "The Strategic Use Of Tying To Preserve And Create Market Power In Evolving Industries," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 145, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 1998. "The Strategic Use of Tying to Preserve and Create Market Power in Evolving Industries," NBER Working Papers 6831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sue H. Mialon, 2014.
"Product Bundling And Incentives For Mergers And Strategic Alliances,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 562-575, April.
- Sue Mialon, 2009. "Product-bundling and Incentives for Merger and Strategic Alliance," Emory Economics 0907, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Joshua S. Gans & Stephen P. King, 2006. "PAYING FOR LOYALTY: PRODUCT BUNDLING IN OLIGOPOLY -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 43-62, March.
- R. Preston McAfee & John McMillan & Michael D. Whinston, 1989. "Multiproduct Monopoly, Commodity Bundling, and Correlation of Values," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 371-383.
- Chiara Fumagalli & Massimo Motta, 2006. "Exclusive Dealing and Entry, when Buyers Compete," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 785-795, June.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Joshua S. Gans & Michael Waldman, 2010. "Why Tie a Product Consumers Do Not Use?," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 85-105, August.
- Armstrong, Mark, 2006. "Price discrimination," MPRA Paper 4693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subhasish M. Chowdhury & Stephen Martin, 2017.
"Exclusivity and exclusion on platform Markets,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 120(2), pages 95-118, March.
- Subhashish M. Chowdhury & Stephen Martin, 2010. "Exclusivity and exclusion on platform markets," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS) 10-14, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Subhasish M. Chowdhury & Stephen Martin, 2010. "Exclusivity and Exclusion on Platform Markets," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1254, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Subhasish M. Chowdhury & Steven Martin, 2010. "Exclusivity and Exclusion on Platform Markets," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 016, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- McAfee, R Preston & Schwartz, Marius, 1994. "Opportunism in Multilateral Vertical Contracting: Nondiscrimination, Exclusivity, and Uniformity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 210-230, March.
- William James Adams & Janet L. Yellen, 1976. "Commodity Bundling and the Burden of Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(3), pages 475-498.
- Miao, Chun-Hui, 2008. "Tying, Compatibility and Planned Obsolescence," MPRA Paper 13523, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsexclusivity; consumer welfare; market efficiency; hotelling;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L4 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2011-11-01 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2011-11-01 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MKT-2011-11-01 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ils:wpaper:20111001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (B. Andrew Chupp). General contact details of provider: http://economics.illinoisstate.edu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.