Einkommen, Geschlecht und Arbeitsplatzwechsel in Russland 1998. Earnings, Gender, and Mobility in the RF 1995-1998
The relation between mobility and earnings is investigated for the Russian factors estimated for 1998. Mobility does not boost income relative to job stayers. The exception from this Russian labor market rule is formed by the small group of academics and managers. The gender gap of about 30% may be reduced by higher education or leadership. Both premia are larger for women than for men. Aggregate indicators indicate the large frictions on the Russian labor market, illustrated by large region specific and branch related income disparities.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Josefstädterstr. 39, A-1080 Vienna, Austria|
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://www.ihs.ac.at
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Institute for Advanced Studies - Library, Josefstädterstr. 39, A-1080 Vienna, Austria|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grosfeld, Irena & Kolenikov, Stanislav & Paltseva, Elena & Sénik-Leygonie, Claudia & Verdier, Thierry, 1999.
"Dynamism and Inertia on the Russian Labour Market: A Model of Segmentation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2224, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Irena Grosfeld & Claudia Senik-Leygonie & Thierry Verdier & Stanislav Kolenikov & Elena Paltseva, 1999. "Dynamism and Inertia on the Russian Labour Market: A Model of Segmentation," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 246, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Edward P. Lazear & Sherwin Rosen, 1979.
"Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts,"
NBER Working Papers
0401, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helmut Hofer & Karl Pichelmann & Andreas-Ulrich Schuh, 2001.
"Price and quantity adjustments in the Austrian labour market,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 581-592.
- Hofer, Helmut & Pichelmann, Karl & Schuh, Andreas-Ulrich, 1998. "Price and Quantity Adjustments in the Austrian Labour Markets," Economics Series 57, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Jacob Mincer & Boyan Jovanovic, 1981.
"Labor Mobility and Wages,"
in: Studies in Labor Markets, pages 21-64
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ucp:bknber:9780226726281 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yellen, Janet L, 1984. "Efficiency Wage Models of Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 200-205, May.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979.
"Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-90, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ihs:ihstep:15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.