Tail-Dependence in Stock-Return Pairs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mico Loretan & William B. English, 2000. "Evaluating "correlation breakdowns" during periods of market volatility," International Finance Discussion Papers 658, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- Michael Rockinger & Eric Jondeau, 2001.
"Conditional Dependency of Financial Series: An Application of Copulas,"
- Rockinger, M. & Jondeau, E., 2001. "Conditional Dependency of Financial Series: An Application of Copulas," Working papers 82, Banque de France.
- ROCKINGER, Michael & JONDEAU, Eric, 2001. "Conditional dependency of financial series : an application of copulas," Les Cahiers de Recherche 723, HEC Paris.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1987. "A Conditionally Heteroskedastic Time Series Model for Speculative Prices and Rates of Return," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 542-547, August.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Brian H. Boyer & Michael S. Gibson & Mico Loretan, 1997. "Pitfalls in tests for changes in correlations," International Finance Discussion Papers 597, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- A. Sancetta & Satchell, S.E., 2001. "Bernstein Approximations to the Copula Function and Portfolio Optimization," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0105, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Robert F. Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2004.
"CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 367-381, October.
- Engle, Robert F & Manganelli, Simone, 1999. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt06m3d6nv, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Robert Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2000. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0841, Econometric Society.
- Angelos Kanas, 1998. "Volatility spillovers across equity markets: European evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 245-256.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Patton, Andrew J, 2001. "Modelling Time-Varying Exchange Rate Dependence Using the Conditional Copula," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt01q7j1s2, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Frey, Rudiger, 2000. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures for heteroscedastic financial time series: an extreme value approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 271-300, November.
- Longin, Francois & Solnik, Bruno, 1995. "Is the correlation in international equity returns constant: 1960-1990?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-26, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lai, YiHao & Tseng, Jen-Ching, 2010. "The role of Chinese stock market in global stock markets: A safe haven or a hedge?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 211-218, April.
- Pourkhanali, Armin & Kim, Jong-Min & Tafakori, Laleh & Fard, Farzad Alavi, 2016. "Measuring systemic risk using vine-copula," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 63-74.
- Knyazev, Alexander & Lepekhin, Oleg & Shemyakin, Arkady, 2016. "Joint distribution of stock indices: Methodological aspects of construction and selection of copula models," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 42, pages 30-53.
- Smith, Michael Stanley, 2015. "Copula modelling of dependence in multivariate time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 815-833.
- Alexandra Dias & Paul Embrechts, 2004. "Dynamic copula models for multivariate high-frequency data in finance," Working Papers wpn04-01, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- YiHao Lai, 2008. "Does Asymmetric Dependence Structure Matter? A Value-at-Risk View," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 7(3), pages 249-268, December.
- Krämer, Walter & van Kampen, Maarten, 2011. "A simple nonparametric test for structural change in joint tail probabilities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(3), pages 245-247, March.
- Thomas Fung & Eugene Seneta, 2010. "Modelling and Estimation for Bivariate Financial Returns," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 78(1), pages 117-133, April.
- Alessio Sancetta, 2004.
"Copula Based Monte Carlo Integration in Financial Problems,"
wp04-02, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Sancetta, A., 2005. "Copula Based Monte Carlo Integration in Financial Problems," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0506, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Dobric Jadran & Frahm Gabriel & Schmid Friedrich, 2013. "Dependence of Stock Returns in Bull and Bear Markets," Dependence Modeling, De Gruyter Open, vol. 1, pages 94-110, December.
- Rub'en Loaiza-Maya & Michael S. Smith & Worapree Maneesoonthorn, 2017. "Time Series Copulas for Heteroskedastic Data," Papers 1701.07152, arXiv.org.
- Giovanni De Luca & Paola Zuccolotto, 2011. "A tail dependence-based dissimilarity measure for financial time series clustering," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 5(4), pages 323-340, December.
- Stübinger, Johannes & Mangold, Benedikt & Krauss, Christopher, 2016. "Statistical arbitrage with vine copulas," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 11/2016, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Klaus Abberger, 2005. "A simple graphical method to explore tail-dependence in stock-return pairs," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 43-51.
- Filip Žikeš, 2007. "Dependence Structure and Portfolio Diversification on Central European Stock Markets," Working Papers IES 2007/02, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jan 2007.
- Dobrić, Jadran & Frahm, Gabriel & Schmid, Friedrich, 2007. "Dependence of stock returns in bull and bear markets," Discussion Papers in Econometrics and Statistics 9/07, University of Cologne, Institute of Econometrics and Statistics.
- Marco Valerio Geraci & Tomas Garbaravicius & David Veredas, 2016. "Short Selling in the Tails," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2016-30, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Fischer, Matthias J., 2003. "Tailoring copula-based multivariate generalized hyperbolic secant distributions to financial return data: an empirical investigation," Discussion Papers 47/2003, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Statistics and Econometrics.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:49-64 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsValue-at-Risk; Copula; Non-normal bivariate GARCH; Asymmetric dependence; Profile likelihood-ratio test;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ihs:ihsesp:126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deihsat.html .