Properties of the maximum likelihood estimator in spatial autoregressive models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Besley, Timothy & Case, Anne, 1995.
"Incumbent Behavior: Vote-Seeking, Tax-Setting, and Yardstick Competition,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Timothy Besley & Anne Case, 1992. "Incumbent Behavior: Vote Seeking, Tax Setting and Yardstick Competition," NBER Working Papers 4041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Göran Therborn & K.C. Ho, 2009. "Introduction," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 53-62, March.
- Bao, Yong, 2013. "Finite-Sample Bias Of The Qmle In Spatial Autoregressive Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 68-88, February.
- Hillier, Grant & Kan, Raymond & Wang, Xiaolu, 2009.
"Computationally Efficient Recursions For Top-Order Invariant Polynomials With Applications,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 211-242, February.
- Grant Hillier & Raymond Kan & Xiaolu Wang, 2008. "Computationally efficient recursions for top-order invariant polynomials with applications," CeMMAP working papers CWP07/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Forchini, G., 2002.
"The Exact Cumulative Distribution Function Of A Ratio Of Quadratic Forms In Normal Variables, With Application To The Ar(1) Model,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(04), pages 823-852, August.
- Giovanni Forchini, "undated". "The Exact Cumulative Distribution Function of a Ratio of Quadratic Forms in Normal Variables with Application to the AR(1) Model," Discussion Papers 01/02, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-640, June.
- Yang, Zhenlin, 2015. "A general method for third-order bias and variance corrections on a nonlinear estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 178-200.
- Giorgio Topa, 2001.
"Social Interactions, Local Spillovers and Unemployment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 68(2), pages 261-295.
- Topa, Giorgio, 1997. "Social Interactions, Local Spillovers and Unemployment," Working Papers 97-17, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Martellosio, Federico, 2011. "Efficiency of the OLS estimator in the vicinity of a spatial unit root," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1285-1291, August.
- Case, Anne C, 1991. "Spatial Patterns in Household Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 953-965, July.
- Joris Pinkse & Margaret E. Slade & Craig Brett, 2002. "Spatial Price Competition: A Semiparametric Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 1111-1153, May.
- Giovanni Forchini, "undated". "The Distribution of a Ratio of Quadratic Forms in Noncentral Normal Variables," Discussion Papers 01/12, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Lung-Fei Lee, 2004. "Asymptotic Distributions of Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimators for Spatial Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1899-1925, November.
- Hillier, G.H., 1999. "The density of a quadratic form in a vector uniformly distributed on the n-sphere," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9902, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha & Yevgeny Yuzefovich, 2006. "Estimation Problems In Models With Spatial Weighting Matrices Which Have Blocks Of Equal Elements," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 507-515.
- Hillier, Grant, 2001. "THE DENSITY OF A QUADRATIC FORM IN A VECTOR UNIFORMLY DISTRIBUTED ON THE n-SPHERE," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 1-28, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:econom:v:202:y:2018:i:1:p:92-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blasques, Francisco & Koopman, Siem Jan & Lucas, Andre & Schaumburg, Julia, 2016.
"Spillover dynamics for systemic risk measurement using spatial financial time series models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 211-223.
- Blasques, Francisco & Koopman, Siem Jan & Lucas, Andre & Schaumburg, Julia, 2014. "Spillover dynamics for systemic risk measurement using spatial financial time series models," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100632, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Francisco Blasques & Siem Jan Koopman & Andre Lucas & Julia Schaumburg, 2014. "Spillover Dynamics for Systemic Risk Measurement using Spatial Financial Time Series Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-107/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gupta, A, 2015. "Estimation of Spatial Autoregressions with Stochastic Weight Matrices," Economics Discussion Papers 15617, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Gupta, Abhimanyu & Robinson, Peter M., 2018.
"Pseudo maximum likelihood estimation of spatial autoregressive models with increasing dimension,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 92-107.
- Gupta, Abhimanyu & Robinson, Peter M, 2015. "Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Spatial Autoregressive Models with Increasing Dimension," Economics Discussion Papers 15618, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- repec:esx:essedp:772 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsspatial autoregression; maximum likelihood estimation; group interaction; networks; complete bipartite graph;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-09-25 (Econometrics)
- NEP-LAM-2013-09-25 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2013-09-25 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-NEU-2013-09-25 (Neuroeconomics)
- NEP-URE-2013-09-25 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ifs:cemmap:44/13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emma Hyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmifsuk.html .