Robust Normative Comparisons of Socially Risky Situations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicolas Gravel & Benoît Tarroux, 2015. "Robust normative comparisons of socially risky situations," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(2), pages 257-282, February.
- Nicolas Gravel & Benoît Tarroux, 2015. "Robust normative comparisons of socially risky situations," Post-Print halshs-01057024, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Givord, Pauline & Maurin, Eric, 2004.
"Changes in job security and their causes: An empirical analysis for France, 1982-2002,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 595-615, June.
- Givord, Pauline & Maurin, Eric, 2003. "Changes in Job Security and their Causes: An Empirical Analysis for France, 1982-2002," CEPR Discussion Papers 3830, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2010.
"Assessing Risky Social Situations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(4), pages 649-680, August.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2007. "Assessing Risky Social Situations," IDEP Working Papers 0703, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Jan 2007.
- Fleurbaey, Marc, 2009. "Assessing risky social situations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 27006, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc, 2010. "Assessing risky social situations," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2289, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean-Yves Duclos & David E. Sahn & Stephen D. Younger, 2006. "Robust Multidimensional Poverty Comparisons," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 943-968, October.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-659, May.
- Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, 2010.
"Is India better off today than 15 years ago? A robust multidimensional answer,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(2), pages 173-195, June.
- Nicolas Gravel, 2007. "Is India Better off Today Than 15 Years Ago? A Robust Multidimensional Answer," Working Papers id:1056, eSocialSciences.
- Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, 2007. "Is India Better off Today than 15 Years ago? A Robust Multidimensional Answer," IDEP Working Papers 0704, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 18 May 2007.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Evans, William N, 1990. "Utility Functions That Depend on Health Status: Estimates and Economic Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 353-374, June.
- Russell Davidson & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2000.
"Statistical Inference for Stochastic Dominance and for the Measurement of Poverty and Inequality,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1435-1464, November.
- Davidson, Russell & Duclos, Jean-Yves, 1998. "Statistical Inference for Stochastic Dominance and for the Measurement of Poverty and Inequality," Cahiers de recherche 9805, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Davidson, R. & Duclos, J.-Y., 1998. "Statistical Inference for Stochastic Dominance and for the Measurement of Poverty and Inequality," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 98a14, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- James E. Foster & Indranil Dutta & Ajit Mishra, 2010. "On Measuring Vulnerability to Poverty," Working Papers 2010-13, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309-309.
- Indranil Dutta & James Foster & Ajit Mishra, 2011. "On measuring vulnerability to poverty," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 37(4), pages 743-761, October.
- Gottschalk, Peter & Moffitt, Robert, 1999. "Changes in Job Instability and Insecurity Using Monthly Survey Data," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 91-126, October.
- Nicolas Gravel & Patrick Moyes & Benoît Tarroux, 2009.
"Robust International Comparisons of Distributions of Disposable Income and Regional Public Goods,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(303), pages 432-461, July.
- Nicolas Gravel & Patrick Moyes & Benoît Tarroux, 2009. "Robust international comparisons of distributions of disposable income and regional public goods," Post-Print halshs-00481437, HAL.
- Jenkins, Stephen P & Lambert, Peter J, 1993. "Ranking Income Distributions When Needs Differ," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(4), pages 337-356, December.
- A. B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon, 1982. "The Comparison of Multi-Dimensioned Distributions of Economic Status," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 183-201.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay & Benoît Tarroux, 2008.
"A robust normative evaluation of India's performance in allocating risks of death,"
Indian Growth and Development Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 95-111, April.
- Benoît Tarroux & Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhoppaddhay, 2008. "A robust normative evaluation of India's performance in allocating risks of death," Post-Print halshs-00288891, HAL.
- N. Gravel & Patrick Moyes & B. Tarroux, 2008. "Robust international comparisons of distributions of disposable income and access to regional public goods," Post-Print hal-00157357, HAL.
- Serge-Christophe Kolm, 1977. "Multidimensional Egalitarianisms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 1-13.
- Jakobsson, Ulf, 1976. "On the measurement of the degree of progression," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 161-168.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk; Dominance; ex-ante Social Welfare; Expected Poverty; Unemployment; Crime.;
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-UPT-2009-01-03 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iep:wpidep:0806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yves Doazan) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Yves Doazan to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/greqafr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.