Optimal Licensing of Technology in the Face of (Asymmetric) Competition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heywood, John S. & Li, Jianpei & Ye, Guangliang, 2014. "Per unit vs. ad valorem royalties under asymmetric information," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 38-46.
- Wang, X. Henry, 1998. "Fee versus royalty licensing in a Cournot duopoly model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 55-62, July.
- Sen, Debapriya & Tauman, Yair, 2007.
"General licensing schemes for a cost-reducing innovation,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 163-186, April.
- Debapriya Sen & Yair Tauman, 2002. "General licensing schemes for a cost-reducing innovation," Department of Economics Working Papers 02-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Stefano Colombo & Luigi Filippini, 2015.
"Patent Licensing with Bertrand Competitors,"
University of Manchester, vol. 83(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Stefano Colombo & Luigi Filippini, 2012. "Patent licensing with Bertrand competitors," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Teoria Economica e Metodi Quantitativi itemq1262, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Sougata Poddar & Uday Bhanu Sinha, 2010. "Patent Licensing from a High-Cost Firm to a Low-Cost Firm," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 86(274), pages 384-395, September.
- Kamien, Morton I & Tauman, Yair, 2002. "Patent Licensing: The Inside Story," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 70(1), pages 7-15, January.
- Giebe, Thomas & Wolfstetter, Elmar, 2008.
"License auctions with royalty contracts for (winners and) losers,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 91-106, May.
- Giebe, Thomas & Wolfstetter, Elmar G., 2007. "License Auctions with Royalty Contracts for (Winners and) Losers," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 199, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1985. "On the Licensing of Innovations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(4), pages 504-520, Winter.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Oren, Shmuel S. & Tauman, Yair, 1992. "Optimal licensing of cost-reducing innovation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 483-508.
- Niu, Shuai, 2013. "The equivalence of profit-sharing licensing and per-unit royalty licensing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 10-14.
More about this item
KeywordsPatent licensing; innovation; optimal contracts; dynamic mechanisms.;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2017-09-10 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2017-09-10 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2017-09-10 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-DES-2017-09-10 (Economic Design)
- NEP-MIC-2017-09-10 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iek:wpaper:1705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kim, Jisoo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ierkukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.