The Effect of Income on Health: Using the Coal Boom as a Natural Experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas Almond & Kenneth Y. Chay & David S. Lee, 2005. "The Costs of Low Birth Weight," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(3), pages 1031-1083.
- Frijters, Paul & Haisken-DeNew, John P. & Shields, Michael A., 2005.
"The causal effect of income on health: Evidence from German reunification,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 997-1017, September.
- Paul Frijters, 2005. "The causal effect of income on health: Evidence from German reunification," Paul Frijters Discussion Papers 2005-2, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Outcome; Birth Weight; Low Birth Weight; Infant Mortality; Income Shock; Endogeneity; Two-stage Least Squares;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-11-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2016-11-06 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2016-11-06 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iek:wpaper:1608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kim, Jisoo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ierkukr.html .