Efficient Capacity Pricing of the Internet Services
The paper examines the possibilities to improve efficiency in Internet pricing by introducing pre-purchase contract. One can regard pre-purchase market as a device for providing guaranteed services and as an alternative to smart market that can implement expected capacity pricing in an efficient manner. We find that the pre-purchase market tends to discriminate against the consumers who are less certain about their demands. We provide a condition under which the discriminatory effect is overwhelmed by the market force, which discourages the consumers with lower value by high premium. We also suggest a solution to the discriminatory effect.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1-5-Ga, Anam-dong, Sung buk-ku, Seoul, 136-701|
Fax: (82-2) 928-4948
Web page: http://econ.korea.ac.kr/~ri
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin, 1999.
"Information and time-of-usage decisions in the bottleneck model with stochastic capacity and demand,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 525-548, March.
- Richard Arnott & Andre de Palma & Robin Lindsey, 1996. "Information and Time-of-Usage Decisions in the Bottleneck Model with Stochastic Capacity and Demand," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 355., Boston College Department of Economics.
- R. Arnott & A. de Palma & R. Lindsey, 1997. "Information and time-of-usage decisions in the bottleneck model with stochastic capacity and demand," THEMA Working Papers 97-13, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- McKnight, Lee W. & Boroumand, Jahangir, 2000. "Pricing Internet services: after flat rate," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6-7), pages 565-590, August.
- Apostolopoulos, Theodore & Courcoubetis, Costas & Cohen, Sandra & Psiakki, Xanthi, 2000. "Multiple incentive internet pricing for national academic research networks: a case study," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6-7), pages 591-611, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iek:wpaper:0508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kim, Jisoo)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.