Household Savings and Income Distribution in Mexico
Following the 1994 financial crisis, the rate of saving of the Mexican economy fell from 21. 7 percent to 19. 8 percent of GDP. The decline was associated with a reduction in the rate of external saving from 6. 9 to 0. 5 percent between 1994 and 1995. The overall reduction was not more dramatic because it was almost fully compensated by an increase in private saving from 11. 3 percent to 15 percent of GDP during these years.
|Date of creation:||Dec 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/res
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Orazio Attanasio & James Banks, 1998. "Trends in household saving: a tale of two countries," IFS Working Papers W98/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & James Banks & Costas Meghir & Guglielmo Weber, 1995.
"Humps and Bumps in Lifetime Consumption,"
NBER Working Papers
5350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy Besley, 1995. "Nonmarket Institutions for Credit and Risk Sharing in Low-Income Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 115-127, Summer.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1998.
"Saving and growth: another look at the cohort evidence,"
225, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Deaton, A. & Paxson, C., 1998. "Saving and Growth: Another Look at the Cohort Evidence," Papers 182, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Richard Blundell & Ian Preston, 1998.
"Consumption Inequality And Income Uncertainty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 113(2), pages 603-640, May.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Hilary W. Hoynes, 1995.
"Differential Mortality and Wealth Accumulation,"
NBER Working Papers
5126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- O. Attanasio & H. W. Hoynes, . "Differential mortality and wealth accumulation," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1079-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Suzanne Duryea & Miguel Székely, 1998.
"Labor Markets in Latin America: A Supply-Side Story,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6439, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Suzanne Duryea & Miguel Székely, 1998. "Labor Markets in Latin America: A Supply-Side Story," Research Department Publications 4120, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:wpaper:4152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.