On the Dark Side of the Market: Identifying and Analyzing Hidden Order Placements
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Huang, Ruihong, 2012. "On the dark side of the market: Identifying and analyzing hidden order placements," CFS Working Paper Series 2012/04, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
References listed on IDEAS
- Moinas, Sophie, 2010.
"Hidden Limit Orders and Liquidity in Order Driven Markets,"
IDEI Working Papers
600, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Moinas, Sophie, 2010. "Hidden Limit Orders and Liquidity in Order Driven Markets," TSE Working Papers 10-147, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Frey, Stefan & Sandås, Patrik, 2009. "The impact of iceberg orders in limit order books," CFR Working Papers 09-06, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Parlour, Christine A, 1998. "Price Dynamics in Limit Order Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 789-816.
- Angel Pardo & Roberto Pascual, 2012. "On the hidden side of liquidity," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(10), pages 949-967, November.
- Anthony Hall & Nikolaus Hautsch, 2006. "Order aggressiveness and order book dynamics," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 973-1005, January.
- Michael Fleming & Bruce Mizrach, 2008.
"The Microstructure of a U.S. Treasury ECN: The Brokertec Platform,"
Departmental Working Papers
200803, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Fleming, Michael J. & Mizrach, Bruce & Nguyen, Giang, 2009. "The microstructure of a U.S. Treasury ECN: the BrokerTec platform," Staff Reports 381, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Mar 2017.
- Anand, Amber & Weaver, Daniel G., 2004. "Can order exposure be mandated?," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 405-426, October.
- Easley, David & Kiefer, Nicholas M & O'Hara, Maureen, 1997. "One Day in the Life of a Very Common Stock," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(3), pages 805-835.
- Sabrina Buti & Barbara Rindi, 2011. "Undisclosed Orders and Optimal Submission Strategies in a Dynamic Limit Order Market," Working Papers 389, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Rudy De Winne & Catherine D'hondt, 2007. "Hide-and-Seek in the Market: Placing and Detecting Hidden Orders," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 11(4), pages 663-692.
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Huang, Ruihong, 2012.
"The market impact of a limit order,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 501-522.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Ruihong Huang, 2009. "The Market Impact of a Limit Order," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-051, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Huang, Ruihong, 2009. "The market impact of a limit order," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/23, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Panayides, Marios & Venkataraman, Kumar, 2009. "Hidden liquidity: An analysis of order exposure strategies in electronic stock markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 361-383, December.
- Esser, Angelika & Monch, Burkart, 2007. "The navigation of an iceberg: The optimal use of hidden orders," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 68-81, June.
- Foucault, Thierry, 1999. "Order flow composition and trading costs in a dynamic limit order market1," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 99-134, May.
- Aitken, Michael J. & Berkman, Henk & Mak, Derek, 2001. "The use of undisclosed limit orders on the Australian Stock Exchange," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1589-1603, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katarzyna Bień-Barkowska, 2014. "“Every move you make, every step you take, I’ll be watching you” – the quest for hidden orders in the interbank FX spot market," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 45(3), pages 197-224.
- Peter Malec, 2016. "A Semiparametric Intraday GARCH Model," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1633, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Garvey, Ryan & Huang, Tao & Wu, Fei, 2016. "Why do traders choose dark markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 12-28.
- Hagströmer, Björn & Nordén, Lars, 2013. "The diversity of high-frequency traders," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 741-770.
- : Arie E. Gozluklu, 2012. "Pre-Trade Transparency and Informed Trading an Experimental Approach to Hidden Liquidity," Working Papers wpn12-05, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
More about this item
Keywordslimit order market; hidden liquidity; high-frequency trading; non-display order; iceberg orders;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2012-014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sohubde.html .