The Impact of Product Market Competition on Private Benefits of Control
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Conway & Véronique Janod & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2005. "Product Market Regulation in OECD Countries: 1998 to 2003," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 419, OECD Publishing.
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2004.
"Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 537-600, April.
- Dyck, Alexander & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," CEPR Discussion Papers 3177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2002. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," NBER Working Papers 8711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zingales, Luigi, 1994. "The Value of the Voting Right: A Study of the Milan Stock Exchange Experience," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 125-148.
- David Scharfstein, 1988. "Product-Market Competition and Managerial Slack," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(1), pages 147-155, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Albuquerque, Rui & Schroth, Enrique, 2010.
"Quantifying private benefits of control from a structural model of block trades,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 33-55, April.
- Albuquerque, Rui & Schroth, Enrique, 2009. "Quantifying private benefits of control from a structural model of block trades," CEPR Discussion Papers 7358, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xavier Giroud & Holger M. Mueller, 2009. "Does Corporate Governance Matter in Competitive Industries?," NBER Working Papers 14877, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albuquerque, Rui & Schroth, Enrique, 2008.
"Determinants of the Block Premium and of Private Benefits of Control,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6742, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Enrique Schroth & Rui Albuquerque, 2008. "Determinants Of The Block Premium And Of Private Benefits Of Control," 2008 Meeting Papers 655, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Giroud, Xavier & Mueller, Holger M., 2010. "Does corporate governance matter in competitive industries?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 312-331, March.
- Kang, Jun-Koo & Liu, Wei-Lin & Yi, Sangho & Zhang, Le, 2015. "Monitoring role of customer firms in suppliers and its effect on supplier value: Evidence from block acquisitions of suppliers by customer firms," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 537-563.
- Sprenger, C., 2010. "State Ownership in the Russian Economy. Part 2. Governance Problems and Performance Effects," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 7, pages 90-110.
More about this item
Keywordsprivate benefits of control; competition; corporate governance; import penetration;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-04-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-FIN-2006-04-29 (Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:hstdps:d05-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .