Bringing home the money: what determines worker's remittances to transition countries?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Miguel León-Ledesma & Matloob Piracha, 2001. "International Migration and the Role of Remittances in Eastern Europe," Studies in Economics 0113, School of Economics, University of Kent.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deodat E. Adenutsi & Meshach J. Aziakpono & Matthew K. Ocran, 2011.
"The Changing Impact Of Macroeconomic Environment On Remittance Inflows In Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Academic Research in Economics,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta, vol. 3(2 (July)), pages 136-167.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E. & Aziakpono, Meshach J. & Ocran, Matthew K., 2011. "The changing impact of macroeconomic environment on remittance inflows in sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 37067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marilena Giannetti & Daniele Federici & Michele Raitano, 2009.
"Does Migration Help Reducing Inequality and Social Exclusion?,"
118, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Marilena Giannetti & Daniela Federici & Michele Raitano, 2009. "Does Migration Help Reducing Inequality and Social Exclusion?," Working Papers 2009-01, Universita' di Cassino, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche.
- Katarzyna Budnik, 2011.
"Temporary migration in theories of international mobility of labour,"
Bank i Kredyt,
Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 42(6), pages 7-48.
- Katarzyna Budnik, 2011. "Temporary Migration in Theories of International Mobility of Labour," NBP Working Papers 89, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Maelan Le Goff & Kangni R Kpodar, 2011. "Do Remittances Reduce Aid Dependency?," IMF Working Papers 11/246, International Monetary Fund.
- Deodat E. Adenutsi, 2014.
"macroeconomic determinants of workers’ remittances and compensation of employees in sub-saharan Africa,"
Journal of Developing Areas,
Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 48(1), pages 337-360, January-M.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E., 2013. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Workers’ Remittances and Compensation of Employees in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 60620, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vladimir Gligorov & Anna Iara & Michael Landesmann & Robert Stehrer & Hermine Vidovic, 2008. "Western Balkan Countries: Adjustment Capacity to External Shocks, with a Focus on Labour Markets," wiiw Research Reports 352, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Naiditch, Claire & Vranceanu, Radu, 2010. "Equilibrium migration with invested remittances: The EECA evidence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 454-474, December.
- Kakhkharov, Jakhongir & Akimov, Alexandr & Rohde, Nicholas, 2017. "Transaction costs and recorded remittances in the post-Soviet economies: Evidence from a new dataset on bilateral flows," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 98-107.
More about this item
Keywordsremittances; migration; dynamic panel data models;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hituec:a466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hiromichi Miyake). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .