On the Asymptotic Distribution of the Transaction Price in a Clock Model of a Multi-Unit, Oral, Ascending-Price Auction within the Common-Value Paradigm
Using a clock model of a multi-unit, oral, ascending-price auction, within the commonvalue paradigm, we analyse the asymptotic behaviour of the transaction price as the number of bidders gets large. We find that even though the transaction price is determined by a (potentially small) fraction of losing drop-out bids, that price converges in probability to the ex ante unknown, true value. Subsequently, we derive the asymptotic distribution of the transaction price. Finally, we apply our methods to data from an auction of taxi license plates held in Shenzhen, China.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://cei.ier.hit-u.ac.jp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mezzetti, Claudio & Tsetlin, Ilia, 2008.
"On the lowest-winning-bid and the highest-losing-bid auctions,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(9-10), pages 1040-1048, September.
- Mezzetti, Claudio & Tsetlin, Ilia, 2007. "On the Lowest-Winning-Bid and the Highest-Losing-Bid Auctions," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 832, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Claudio Mezzetti & Ilia Tsetlin, 2006. "On the Lowest-Winning-Bid and the Highest-Losing-Bid Auctions," Discussion Papers in Economics 06/16, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hong, Han, 2003. "An MCMC approach to classical estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 293-346, August.
- Wolfgang Pesendorfer & Jeroen M. Swinkels, 1997.
"The Loser's Curse and Information Aggregation in Common Value Auctions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(6), pages 1247-1282, November.
- Wolfgang Pesendorfer & Jeroen M. Swinkels, 1995. "The Loser's Curse and Information Aggregation in Common Value Auctions," Discussion Papers 1147, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hong, Han & Shum, Matthew, 2004.
"Rates of information aggregation in common value auctions,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 1-40, May.
- Han Hong & Matthew Shum, 2002. "Rates of Information Aggregation in Common Value Auctions," Economics Working Paper Archive 436, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hitcei:2010-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reiko Suzuki)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.